boot.wim error

Ulaiphur

LOL.... Point taken, but think of the following two issues

Look, it's like comparing Orange and Apples, it can be done allright:

http://improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume1/v1i3/air-1-3-apples.html

but not necessarily using the one will be an answer to a problem that can be solved by the other.

A Porsche 911 is much faster than a Toyota Hilux truck, but if the issue at hand is "how do I bring my apples (or oranges for that matter) to the fruit market to sell them?" the latter is a more suitable answer to the question.

As well, remember that "native" VHD booting is available only with some of "high end" Windows 7 licenses.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Look, it's like comparing Orange and Apples, it can be done allright:

http://improbable.co...1-3-apples.html

but not necessarily using the one will be an answer to a problem that can be solved by the other.

A Porsche 911 is much faster than a Toyota Hilux truck, but if the issue at hand is "how do I bring my apples (or oranges for that matter) to the fruit market to sell them?" the latter is a more suitable answer to the question.

jaclaz

OK! I'm not trying to pick up a fight or argue the point. I agree with the right tool for the job at hand! I was just making a point about alternatives with regards to specific situations.

On the low end I use Virtual Box, especially with the desktops and laptops where I have to conduct some tests, so for XP and similar OSes, the USB is the easiest solution. Grub4Dos works perfectly, and for a quick and dirty testing the combi (USB + VirtualBox) works excellent as well. Sometimes at work, I deal too much with XP and old OS stuff, where USB is my multi-purpose Swiss-Army-Knife. OTOH, I mentioned my bias towards VHDs, and the reasons too: I also work too frquently with Hyper-V to be able to make use of USB, and forget about grub4DOS for booting a VHD ina VM. So the point was not comparing apples and oranges (BTW, nice article that one!) but based on the tools I have at hand at any specific time (such as Hyper-V, and hi-end win7), there are alternative and creative solutions, and sometimes necessity forces you to come up with alternatives.And well, I kinda appreciate the possibilities opened up with native boot stuff, since it came up first, and the new hasn't worn off yet (say, it's kinda loooong honeymoon phase that's not ended yet <tongue-in-cheek firmly>), and am looking forward to the next virtualization or other possibilities that may come about in the future. :-))

Edited by daremo