Joe, please try MiKl's configuration:
- comdlg32 from 3/21 in the Firefox 3.5 folder
- and comdlg32 from 3/13 in the KernelEx folder.
"[S]hould have no effect" was carefully worded. My ComDlg export-forwards PrintDlgW to the original ComDlg32.00 DLL which should be fine. However, back in Post #28 I wrote: "KernelEx also can't process ComDlg32 functions unless they are imported (not export-forwarded) from a DLL named ComDlg32.dll!" So, my ComDlg by export-forwarding PrintDlgW is bypassing KernelEx's Unicode processing....
To test this theory, try adding this line in Core.ini instead of using my ComDlg(s):[NT2K.names] ComDlg32.PrintDlgW=stdBTW, do OpenFile and SaveFileAs work? They should also be affected by my ComDlg32 implementation.
Perhaps I need to export-forward to Unicows.dll instead of ComDlg32. Unicows exports all the wide ComDlg32 functions. Or perhaps that is what Kex is doing.... I'll continue to research the issue.
To answer your last question first, the OpenFile and SaveFileAs functions were working fine with my previously described "post #27" hack. From memory, they were also working fine before any experimentation with ComDlg32.dll.
To implement the hybrid hack as suggested, I've done as follows :
1. Reverted to the original ComDlg32.dll in the System directory.
2. Copied the above as ComDlg00.dll (again in the System directory).
3. Placed the "post #13" version of ComDlg32.dll in the KernelEx directory.
4. Added the registry value : \HKLM\Software\KernelEx\KnownDLLs\COMDLG32="ComDlg32.dll".
5. Placed the "post #22" version of ComDlgEx.dll in the FF directory and renamed this as ComDlg32.dll.
6. Deleted the registry value \HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\KnownDLLs\COMDLG32.
Now if I attempt to print in FF, nothing happens but FF doesn't lock up (the first time). However if I attempt to print again, then FF locks up (no hourglass).
Also, OpenFile and SaveFileAs no longer function (nothing happens).
With regard the 'ComDlg32.PrintDlgW=std' line in Core.Ini, which configuration of ComDlg32.dll hack(s) should I use?
Edited by jds, 21 September 2012 - 04:05 AM.