Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

x64 Edition Updates Until 2015?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,410 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

:angrym:

Well thanks Flasche.  I was just trying to make a point, but submix8c basically says you can't do that.  It's people that act the way he does that sours the board.  Too bad really.  It gives the feeling of you have to be in the "MSFN Club" or else.  Just even look at the s--head's last response to me.

Take care to all of the worthwhile folks on here.

Where did I "basically" say that, other than "NO I was NOT the first"? I specifically said in the link I gave (to said Topic) that you CAN get directly from MS. I specifically stated I downloaded from -X- DIRECT LINK and the one that did NOT say XP (the "pull-down" from the MS "Get It" link)). REREAD THAT THREAD!

HERE is the -only other reference- made by me re: MSE (post #2) -

http://www.msfn.org/...-past-end-date/

Twist all you wish, you have only asked questions, made opinion (currently FUD), stated that YOU have done such-and-such, asked for help, and NEVER actually "contributed" as you stateed (except AFAICT a couple of MS links).

You've had the exact same attitude with both jaclaz and dencorso before (using search post for membername).

Oh, and my head is not brown, it's Blond. ;)

Back up, go back and look at your own posts and tell me I'm wrong. :yes:

Yes, I will no longer respond to you (after I and others have assisted you in the past) becuase my head (in your opinion) is brown.

Have a nice weekend. ;)

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

Just to let you know you can still get MSE from filehippo http://www.filehippo...y_essentials_xp . Till which after download Windows updater will give you an option to download the latest which they removed from XP download at M$ site.

Well, just for the record, right now you can still get it from MS's own "direct links" that - X - posted on the mentioned thread:

http://www.msfn.org/...ls-grab-it-now/

and it is also on the Wayback Machine.

jaclaz

Interesting for when I tried to download it just gave me a non valid windows program error. (No I did not download x64) :huh: .Though it doesn't matter for I got non the less, and was just trying to prove that there is no reason to be afraid of no more MSE for XP for it can be found else where.

Edited by Flasche, 12 April 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

oldskool

oldskool

• 46 posts
  • Joined 09-April 14

With MSE you get what you pay for.  If you are that worried about security MSE would be the last thing you chose to protect your computer.  There have been plenty of tests just serach google that show MSE is terrible at detecting and removing viruses compared to other AVs as well as its performance is not as good either on system resources.

Edited by oldskool, 12 April 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

With MSE you get what you pay for.  If you are that worried about security MSE would be the last thing you chose to protect your computer.  There have been plenty of tests just serach google that show MSE is terrible at detecting and removing viruses compared to other AVs as well as its performance is not as good either on system resources.

I'm using it just to make M$ mad :sneaky: . I've put it on my POSReady pc is what makes it even more funny in my opinion :w00t: .

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users