Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

compaq evo n410c video driver

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

goodiesguy

goodiesguy

• 12 posts
Does anyone have the videocard driver for the Compaq Evo N410c laptop? It's no longer on their site, and i don't have it. I've got the sound driver.

I'm having to use a generic no 3d accellerated driver, and it's annoying.

Please help me.

I'm running 98SE on it, with the Service Pack.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
Did you tried this one: ATI M6 ?

Edited by allen2, 21 February 2012 - 03:43 AM.

goodiesguy

goodiesguy

• 12 posts
Where did you find that?

It worked, PERFECTLY!! I can now do 3d accelerated stuff etc..

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
I looked at the driver name for another OS and did a search in this file.

Edited by allen2, 21 February 2012 - 02:43 PM.

goodiesguy

goodiesguy

• 12 posts

Here's a hard one. I've since gone back to windows xp.

I've got all the drivers, but I can no longer find a piece of software on their site. It was "Intervideo WinDVD 3" for the evo n410c. Yes, I know I can use open source VLC or PowerDVD, but i'd really love to find the link to the download again, as it worked perfectly with the laptop.

Edit: i've found a readme, but no link: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp22001-22500/sp22141.txt

Edited by goodiesguy, 30 September 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,695 posts

Donator

The file in that readme is for this:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp22001-22500/sp22141.exe

Which even according to the text file you posted is for version 2. Here's the file list I found the link to that exe from:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/allfiles.txt

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,238 posts

The text file does lists a version "Presario WinDVD" 3.1.53 but it seems prior to the packs presenting Intervideo WinDVD 1 and 2 (2.4.64) :huh: .

It seems Intervideo WinDVD 3 came out in 2002, after Compaq was taken over by HP.

@Tripredacus,: your list is the same link as posted by allen2. :angel

Edited by Ponch, 03 October 2013 - 06:36 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,695 posts

Donator

It seems Intervideo WinDVD 3 came out in 2002, after Compaq was taken over by HP.

@Tripredacus,: your list is the same link as posted by allen2. :angel

:P

I think the real problem with WinDVD 3 is the fact that Compaq was only allowed to provide the product with the system and not sell the product on its own. You may have even gotten a CD with the system with the software on it. It would explain why I can only find patches for it or trials for the actual software.

There is this, which is WinDVD 4 but *may* be only an upgrade installer, meaning WinDVD 3 might be required to be installed first.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25501-26000/SP25685.exe

Also I did a bunch of reading and it seems WinDVD 3 needs a specific version or patch to run on XP and/or with certain CPUs.

I looked on Ebay and there are some v3 and v4 discs out there. They aren't Compaq discs but I doubt you'd have trouble installing the Dell or Gateway one on a Compaq. :unsure:  Then again, I have to wonder about paying $ for old software like that...

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,238 posts

I think the real problem with WinDVD 3 is the fact that Compaq was only allowed to provide the product with the system and not sell the product on its own. You may have even gotten a CD with the system with the software on it. It would explain why I can only find patches for it or trials for the actual software.

My point was that Compaq had been distributing "Presario WinDVD 3" but not "Intervideo WinDVD 3" wth their products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN