Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

2K Hotfix Downloader

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jono

Jono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
this file will automatically download all the windows 2000 hotfixes into folders which you then copy into your 2kcreate folder, please run this in a seperate folder to 2kcreate then copy over the folders.

this file is up to date with greenmachines website and hopefully i will try and keep it that way, also if you guys think it is usefull i could create a xp version.

all files are downloaded from microsoft, except for the DirectX 9 OPK file which is downloaded from msfnfiles.cjb.net which was the only download link i could find which can be verified by viewing the source code which is easy since it is a simple cmd file.

http://www.littlenik...s/2k-hotfix.exe

resume is not supported, however it will automatically detect which files you have successfully downloaded and will not download them again.

EDIT:

incase anybody wondered i updated the download list today, now the dot net framework is downloaded as well as the journal viewer, the windows 2000 list on greenmachines list is downloaded using this, everything except for sp4 that is.

Edited by Jono, 24 February 2004 - 11:34 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developers
  • 3,062 posts
That'll work!

Thanks, Jono.

For those that have trouble with fine print ... note that this is the 2K, not XP, version.

Jono

Jono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
so you think it is a good idea should i work on a xp version?

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developers
  • 3,062 posts
Might as well. The 2K3 list is there as well. The problem, as always, is updating the list and the links.

Jono

Jono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
i wouldnt have thought microsoft would change there links too much, i will try keep it upto date with your site which if i am correct is the verified patches so that way the users only get the verified ones so less margin for error well there goes the plan.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developers
  • 3,062 posts
Just leave this thread open, add an "alert" to it for you, and I'm sure you will be contacted within hours of the first dead link. I'll keep you posted when I update the site. Rest assured, that will not be on a daily basis ...

Jono

Jono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
will do thanks

Jono

Jono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
incase anybody wondered i updated the download list today, now the dot net framework is downloaded as well as the journal viewer, the windows 2000 list on greenmachines list is downloaded using this, everything except for sp4 that is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN