Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[HELP]NLite'ing Win2k pro sp4.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

datsoy

datsoy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12
Please help me to choose what is not/needed in win2k for a old pc with 10gigHDD,256RAM,intel mobo with a 64mb integrated video.(not so sure of spec of the mobo,and dont know the name). The pc intended for office type with network support.
Any guides,solutions,tuts will be well welcome. Hope anyone will help for a newbie. And a Thanks in advance.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
This is what I remove/tweak:

Spoiler

Tested, perfectly stable, although you will have to do some manual changes to Services depending on your configuration & needs. It's for Win2k Server so not all of these will be available for Proffesional. I don't remove any drivers as you never know if they're not needed later on :)
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

datsoy

datsoy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12

This is what I remove/tweak:

Spoiler

Tested, perfectly stable, although you will have to do some manual changes to Services depending on your configuration & needs. It's for Win2k Server so not all of these will be available for Proffesional. I don't remove any drivers as you never know if they're not needed later on :)

Sorry for a late reply, for a quick reply of yours. :)

Thank you Sir Tomasz86. Now i have reference to look at.
Your using server.. Whats the difference of it to pro? Is it better than pro?

Edited by datsoy, 26 February 2012 - 06:40 AM.

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,273 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05

The pc intended for office type with network support.

Don't forget nLite cannot be used in professional environement, you agree to that when installing it.

datsoy

datsoy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12
Sorry maybe just a little misunderstanding, hmm, the pc is for home use only, just used office intended, cause it'll be use internet, word and printing for my bro/sis to homework, thesis etc. .., Well thanks for a word of advice. :D

datsoy

datsoy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12
I will use sereby.org's windows 2000 update pack to integrate to my installation cd, Is it English language pack? or German? Cause sereby's XPservice pack have a language pack to choose, whether English or German. My question is, is win2k's KB***** updates have also language pack??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN