Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Default layout of icons on the Desktop Windows XP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

egrabrych

egrabrych

Junior

• Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10

Donator

Is there a way to in order the icons of files being copied together (group) to the Windows XP desktop were deployed not as:

Attached File  not_as.jpg   25.63KB   3 downloads

but so:

Attached File  but_so.jpg   25.51KB   3 downloads

Best regards!
egrabrych

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,318 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05
You could use "layout.dll" (google it) after the icons are copied, if that helps.

egrabrych

egrabrych

Junior

• Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10

Donator

You could use "layout.dll" (google it) after the icons are copied, if that helps.

No, no... layout.dll is used to restore of the layout of desktop icons.

My problem is different: the point is that when several files together are copied to the Desktop, their icons are obligatorily arranged as follows:

Attached File  not_as.jpg   5.71KB   2 downloads

I would rather have this arrangement:

Attached File  but_so.jpg   5.78KB   2 downloads

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,112 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

No, I do not know how to configure XP to create icons in line, instead of diagonally. And despite using XP for many years already, I've never noticed which is the default behaviour, since I rarely copy more than one file at a time to the desktop, in the rare occasions in which I do copy anything to the desktop. Sorry! I do, however, hope some other user will be able to solve your issue.

================

@everybody: Please do keep on-topic! This thread is *NOT* about restoring the desktop icon layout, and if that's what you want to discuss, please do go to Desktop Icon Order Keeps Changing instead, which is the correct thread for discussing it. Thanks in advance!

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05
Check this? And maybe some other values in that registry branch (compare with other computers)?

GL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users