Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Superseding updates in WSUS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

labist

labist

• 11 posts
When I check some specific update in WSUS console it says "This update is superseded by another update we recommend that
you verify it is no longer needed by any other computer To do so first approve the superseding Update"

My question is that how to find "superseding Update"? Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,763 posts

Donator

An example of a KB would be helpful.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

cyberpyr8

cyberpyr8

IT Ninja

• Pip
  • 57 posts
The easiest way to find them is in the console of WSUS. The updates can be filtered down. You can also remove them from the console cleanup tool. I run that every few weeks to get rid of the superseded updates.
Check me out on The Android Vibe podcast

See you at TechEd 2012...

VoodooV

VoodooV

• 34 posts
If you go to your list of approved updates, right click on the column headers and select "supercedence", then you can sort the list based on supercedence and decline anything that is superceded by another update and cleanup tool will then clear out the declined updates.

It's my understanding that the cleanup tool is SUPPOSED to auto-decline superceded updates, but it never has for me, so I googled it and that's how I learned to get around it since other people apparently had the problem, so every month after I synchronize, I sort by supercedence, decline anything that is superceded, then run the cleanup tool.

Edited by VoodooV, 16 April 2012 - 09:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN