Icon issues when slipstreaming Windows 2000 with IE6 using FDV's F

bristols

WildBill's Windows2000-UU-KBz2479628-v9-x86-ENU.exe updates several Windows 2000 system files to enable 32-bit icons.

When I slipstream Windows 2000 with IE6 using FDV's fileset, some icons lack alpha transparency. For an example of what I mean, please see this image showing a hard black shadow surrounding the "i" (information) icon, which should be a nice alpha-transparent shadow. Also, 32-bit system tray icons appear whitewashed. Others who don't use FDV's Fileset don't suffer from these problems.

I think it has to do with delreg entries in one or more of the fileset's INFs that relate to Comctl32.dll, but I'm not sure. Since I don't really understand how these INFs work, I'm asking here for any hints you can give me about which of the many delreg entries could be responsible. I don't know where to look, or for what to look.

As far as I know, it could be that the problem is nothing to do with delreg entries related to Comctl32.dll

I welcome any advice. I've searched the forums to no avail.

Thanks!

Edited by bristols

Have you tried to register comctl32.dll?

regsvr32 comctl32.dll

Thanks for the suggestion tomasz86.

Not yet. I'll try and report back later.

By the way, I assume you're talking about registering post-install, rather than modifying an INF?

I tried registering Comctl32.dll, but no entry point was found.

Comctl32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version may be in memory. Consider using Pview to detect and remove it.

So, icons on the taskbar, system tray, system tray balloon notification and on the File Properties window all lack alpha transparency.

Edited by bristols

How about disabling/removing this line in IE.IN_ from FDV filelist? Of course it must be done before slipstreaming :)

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\101","003",,"%11%\comctl32.dll|DllInstall|I"