Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 98 SE with some problems

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

huguia

huguia

• 28 posts
I have installed Windows 98 in my Pentium 4 without any problems. I installed all the drivers and it was just ok. I installed SP3 that we got here on the forum and WUPG98. However, after onde day, the computer is slow. The pointer moves very slowly and I am not sure if the problem is from one of those updates. Also, when I put remove USB drive safely, it takes a long time and nothing shows up!
Help me as I love windows 9x

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

I have installed Windows 98 in my Pentium 4 without any problems. I installed all the drivers and it was just ok. I installed SP3 that we got here on the forum and WUPG98. However, after onde day, the computer is slow. The pointer moves very slowly and I am not sure if the problem is from one of those updates. Also, when I put remove USB drive safely, it takes a long time and nothing shows up!
Help me as I love windows 9x

First try the ProcessExplorer.  It shows the CPU usage of each process (application). You can download it on filehippo. Without KernelEX you can run it up to version 11.11.  A high CPU usage (95 - 100%) of a process could be the reason.

Edited by schwups, 20 March 2012 - 12:47 PM.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,155 posts
You applied BOTH Patch sets??? Why would you do that?

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

I installed SP3 that we got here on the forum and WUPG98.

Its not a good idea installing multiple update packages such as U98SESP3, Autopatcher, WUPG98 etc....

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN