Windows 98 SE with some problems

I have installed Windows 98 in my Pentium 4 without any problems. I installed all the drivers and it was just ok. I installed SP3 that we got here on the forum and WUPG98. However, after onde day, the computer is slow. The pointer moves very slowly and I am not sure if the problem is from one of those updates. Also, when I put remove USB drive safely, it takes a long time and nothing shows up!

Help me as I love windows 9x

I have installed Windows 98 in my Pentium 4 without any problems. I installed all the drivers and it was just ok. I installed SP3 that we got here on the forum and WUPG98. However, after onde day, the computer is slow. The pointer moves very slowly and I am not sure if the problem is from one of those updates. Also, when I put remove USB drive safely, it takes a long time and nothing shows up!

Help me as I love windows 9x

First try the ProcessExplorer. It shows the CPU usage of each process (application). You can download it on filehippo. Without KernelEX you can run it up to version 11.11. A high CPU usage (95 - 100%) of a process could be the reason.

Edited by schwups