• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diego

UL for Vista SP2 (x32)?

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Windows Update in my OS refuses to install updates after reboot (for the last month, no probs for the first 2 years on this machine). Have run Malwarebytes, Superspyfinder, Kapersky, Windows Defender. Did find some threats, however, once removed, still no luck with auto update. Now want to try this tool; however, the ULs do not list an x32 option for Vista. What to do? Thanks much for any suggestions!

which error message do you get when installing updates? We should fix this first.

Hello, Magic Andre, thanks so much for your response. My OS is Winddows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Here's what I've ascertained (as a computer novice) thus far. It appears that the nomenclature has evolved. What used to be identified as "x32" files, referring to 32-bit OS (rather than 64-bit) compatible files are now referred to as "x86" files (as opposed to "x64" files). This newer designation apparently refers to the "architecture", which I did see somewhere on my machine as "86" (and which I cannot relocate at this very moment). There is a UL with "x86" in the file name.

At any rate, I managed to find individual download packages at the MS downloads website (Windows Update Standalone Packages). I have managed to individually install 4 of the 5 problematic updates. The final one, KB2631813, will not install after reboot. I have tried now 10 times (Windows6.0-KB2631813-x86.msu).

The error code is: 80071AA7

I have found one remedy for this situation at: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/error-code-80071aa7/70a484f7-fca5-4d6b-baff-805160380a86?auth=1

However, this remedy involves actually inputting low-level commands and messing with the registry. I am not comfortable doing this.

I do not have my CDs to reinstall Windows Vista.

Is this update really that important?

Any help suggestions greatly (!!!) appreciated.

Cheers,

Doug

Please run the Windows Explorer and go to the folder "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\" and copy all files to your document folder, also copy the setupapi.dev.log from the folder C:\Windows\Inf, the "C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log" and the file "C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log" to your document folder (otherwise you can't upload it), zip all files into 1 ZIP and upload the zip to zippyshare.com or mediafire.com and post a link here.