Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Hyper-V reports: The operation on computer 'localhost' failed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

zeezam

zeezam

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
Having this issue.

Found this thread: Hyper-V reports: Hyper-V reports: http://int.social.te...f8-fddc85dd5d31

Restarting the "Windows Management Instrumentation" - will that cause reboot of all my VM's to?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

zeezam

zeezam

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

I had this issue once, restarting the "Windows Management Instrumentation" (along with all the dependent services) on the Hyper-V server solved it for me. Didn't need to restart the Hyper-V server

This did work without taking down any VM.

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
Using sc to break out the winmgmt service to it's own service host should also keep this from happening in the future:
sc config winmgmt type= own

MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

Philroy

Philroy
  • 1 posts

merci mais avec tout ça ,je debute avec hyper v et moi aussi j ai des probleme local host n est pas installe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN