Missing "Auto Setup.cmd" file?

Guest BiRate8

Guest BiRate8

I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.7. Using Parallels ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallels_Desktop_for_Mac ) , I'm attempting to load an image of windows XP so that i can install windows files and run them side by side with my mac OS.

I needed a free image and didn't know where to find one, so I searched for a torrent and found Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit Black Edition (link removed )

After the image was installed, i was immediately shown this message: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/screenshot20120323at113.png/

did a google search but couldn't find any useful information. I read the read-me thoroughly, and the read-me suggested MSFN as a possible resource for finding a solution. Any input is much appreciated.

Edited by Tripredacus

Sorry, you will get no help for this here. In fact you will get only one warning. Any "free" image of any Windows OS is considered warez, or stolen, and no mention or discussion of any such item will be tolerated. Links will be deleted and repeated posts of this type will result in your being banned from this forum.

Cheers and Regards

If it's just to "learn", try REAL HARD to find a Trial Edition of XP.

As stated, no help for anything else.

P.S. - try eBay or Cragslist for unopened "legit" - probably real cheap...

edit - scratch the Trial - just remembered I had signed up a long time ago to get it. No longer exists.

Edited by submix8c

Guest BiRate8

My apologies to the community.... rule 1 is don't discuss any warez. Disregard this thread, i shall seek help elsewhere.

again, my apologies

Guest BiRate8

thanks submix8c, I found an old winxp sp3 install cd lying around and attempted to install the image, but got an error trying to copy a RAID controller file, so i skipped it hoping the rest of the install would continue normally. however the setup gave me an error when trying to copy literally every single file in the setup process... idk. possibly because I'm trying to boot in a virtual machine? i'm not as knowledgeable as i need to be for this sort of thing, but i'm gonna keep trying. maybe vmware fusion will be a better option than parallels. appreciate the input from all