Windows Aero bug?

UltimateSilence

I was looking for information about Windows Vista, and I came across a site that listed supposed bugs, etc. and I found this.

Windows%20Update.png

Notice the blue lines across the bottom and right hand side? ...I am wondering if this is supposed to happen? If not, has Microsoft released a fix?

My apologies for the stupid question.

Edited by UltimateSilence

Maybe it's my eyes, (or your monitor?), but I don't see what you are seeing. It looks perfectly fine to me. OK I finally see it. For those that can't, right click the image and open the image in a new tab, then zoom in and look closely along the right and bottom edges of the image. I had to zoom to 300% to most easily see it. I use the browser SWIron - http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php a version of Chrome which made this easy. Anyway, I don't know if it's supposed to be there or not.

Cheers and Regards

I'm not sure if that's a bug or an intended behavior, but I get the same thing. However, it seems to depend on what's behind the window. If the background is light, then the entire length of the sides is light, but if the background is dark, then the top third or so (as seen in the screenshots) is light and the rest is dark. If the background is light, as you look down the sides of the window turn just a little bit darker right at that point.

Funny, I only noticed that myself a couple of days ago. Probably been there all along and I never noticed it, or forgot.

--JorgeA

Actually I don't think you're seeing the blue line. Over on the right of the image, next to the "Stop Installation" button, this is a blowup of the edge of the window:

Snap4.png

That blue line is along the entire right and bottom edges of the picture that UltimateSilence posted. But like I said, I don't know if this is intentional or not. I haven't noticed such a line on any images on my system.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

bphlpt,

Ohh, NOW I see it! :blushing: Thanks for blowing up the image.

Just checked, and I have that too (Vista Home Premium x64). My laptop (same OS version) has it, as well.

I'll bet if we got to talk to the Vista design team, it's intentional and it has to do with some sort of 3D or shadow-type effect, like the "convex" taskbar. But if you're on Vista and you're not getting the line, and you haven't customized your visual effects, then my hypothesis is suspect.

Funny, it's the thicker line that I mentioned, which goes up only about two-thirds of the way instead of the whole length, that makes me scratch my head.

--JorgeA

if you mean blue line on your borders, yes on vista that is normal

the ms team wanted to express "glass" look/cut with that

it is also found in Alpha versions of Vista (Longhorn), tho they contain green lines and not blue

while win "7" has that removed since I guess it annoyed people too much :lol: