Controller Card Not Working Properly!

lapetite66

Okay....no need to beat me over the head. :(

However, the problem as I stated previously is that the 2nd card isn't/wasn't working

Was there any point trying to explain your mistake ? Please don't bin that card, give it to a friend with a copy of this thread.

"1+2 > 2" is not rocket science.

Was there any point trying to explain your mistake ?

Yes, there was a point, I've gotten the fact that "I made a mistake. However, it seems that you don't understand that I've rectified that mistake to an outcome that is best for me.

Please don't bin that card, give it to a friend with a copy of this thread.

I'm keeping the card who knows what will happen in the future.

"1+2 > 2" is not rocket science.

'Rocket Science, Brain Surgery, and...Creativity?

BY Expert Blogger Josh Linkner | 07-05-2010 | 9:00 AM'

So the next time someone says, "This isn't rocket science, you know" you should reply, "Yeah. It isn't painting a masterpiece with oil on canvas either!"

:)

jclaz:

I don't know if you meant to be helpful or sarcastic :unsure: but thanks for above links...I've found some great quotes.

I understand that there will always be disagreements and differences of opinion as to whose right or wrong but please have the decency to respect the decision that I have made.

Thank you.

Thanks to all to responded to my thread. :)

I don't know if you meant to be helpful or sarcastic :unsure: but thanks for above links...I've found some great quotes.

Actually neither :w00t:, I was just poking poke.gif a bit at Ponch ;).

But, with all due respect to your decision(s), if they are made public, they are subject to being commented, criticized or used as start point for having some fun :thumbup (actually the only important thing).

As often happens, OT :ph34r:, but not much, we have evidence that when someone uses the "brain surgery" argument:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=24353&st=178

the usual "it's all Greek to me" or similar counter-argument:

http://reboot.pro/3380/

is nullified by the documented "The rest of this stuff it's English to me."

http://reboot.pro/3380/page__st__36

and *any* other counter-argument, including the one about creativity represents a ninja point:

motivator9839607.jpg

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

But, with all due respect to your decision(s), if they are made public, they are subject to being commented, criticized or used as start point for having some fun :thumbup (actually the only important thing).

Understood. :yes:

Anyway, I decided on a course of action(changing jumpers and removing the 2nd card) and implemented it. However, I don't want anyone to think I was being ungrateful because I'm not.

As I've said before all help is greatly appreciated and with that being said I would like to thank everyone for their generosity, patience and indulgence of my naivete`. :)

This is a great forum and I would recommend it to anyone who needs computer help.:thumbup

However, it seems that you don't understand that I've rectified that mistake to an outcome that is best for me.

Well, I was the one that pointed you to the jumper error in the very 1st answer and that solved your problem, so I'm not that bad. You can thank other people for that, I don't mind. I'm slightly annoyed by the fact you you don't seem at all bothered to understand the very simple explanation we give you about the card that is "not working" and 5 days on, your conclusion is still that the card is "not working". But maybe as you say, I should have the decency to accept that decision you have made ...to not understand. Which I admit, I don't understand. I stop here for good. I swear. :D

I would hazard a guess that the second card is working just fine, but the first card is recognized first, causing the second card to have a conflict and therefore not work. I would also guess that if the OP had switched slots that the two cards were plugged into the motherboard that the second card would have worked and the first card would have had a conflict. From the OP's description of the two cards, the second card sounds like it is much more flexible and would give the OP more connection options, so personally I would probably try to take out the first card, connect everything to the second card and see if the second card is then recognized and works. The second card could very well also have a true problem in which case then he would know and he could trash the card with a clear conscience. But if the OP does not need the extra connections, then sticking with the first card, which seems to meet his current needs, is obviously a perfectly acceptable alternative.

I agree we have now beat this horse almost to death.

Cheers and Regards