Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Adobe Flash Add-on Creator - NOT NEEDED. USE NEW NLITE.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

I used to have a thread here with the latest versions of Adobe Flash for IE and other browsers. I guess they took it down because they don't want Adobe binaries redistributed here.

I have now created a batch file that will download the installer and turn it into an nLite add-on for you.

For IE ActiveX, download the script here:  New nLite now supports direct integration of the Flash installers. ActiveX Installer

For Firefox, etc download the script here: New nLite now supports direct integration of the Flash installers. Plugin Installer

Just extract the folder somewhere on your hard drive and double click flash.add-on.creator.bat.

Anytime there is a new version of Flash release, just rerun the script and it will delete the current add-on and recreate a new one with the latest version. I will try to reply to this post when I hear of a new version.

As of this writing the latest Flash player is v11.2.202.228.

v11.2 brings with it a silent upgrade system checked every 25 hours via scheduled tasks. So you could theoretically not worry about always having the latest as it will update after your reinstall Windows.

Edited by -X-, 02 September 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts
Thx....

Inane comment - "silent upgrade system"... yuk! Never liked "auto-update-anything" during installs...

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
Thanks. I myself don't mind doing it this way. Just a quick confirmation - will it work if I modify the download URL to get Flash Player for other versions?

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

You mean like the plugin version?

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
Yes. In the meantime, I had a few minutes to try it and it worked just as I had expected. Thanks again.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

yw

I've now added the Firefox, Safari version.

skavenger

skavenger

Master of Tools

• Pip
  • 55 posts
THX for this script.

I've try it on Win7 x64 - The script does'nt work, because the link to CABARC is wrong.

Can u give us a alternate URL to download CABARC.exe?

TIA

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

It's not wrong. The FTP site is having some issues, At first I got a error trying to download via the browser and then it went away. I'll keep monitoring the situation.

Try these links and see if they work for you.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Services/TechNet/samples/PS/Win98/Reskit/NETADMIN/PROFMGR/TOOLS/

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Services/TechNet/samples/PS/Win98/Reskit/NETADMIN/PROFMGR/TOOLS/CABARC.EXE

If they work, rerun the script.

Let me know.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

The FTP server is still kind of flaky. I've added a sanity check so that it spits out an error in case cabarc.exe doesn't download. I recommend downloading the script again (links are in the first post).

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts
CABARC error suggestion (temp workaround) -

Get it ONCE into a separate folder. If FTP Download Failure, REM the line in the Script and Copy the backup to the folder (as the Script deletes everything but the actual Fixes).

Posted Image

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

If FTP Download Failure, REM the line in the Script and Copy the backup to the folder (as the Script deletes everything but the actual Fixes).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm a batch script newbie.

I was thinking of just putting a goto so it keeps retrying to download cabarc. It will download eventually. Then again it already has instructions for retrying (skipping the delete files part).

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash player 11.2.202.233. Rerun the script to get the latest.

skavenger

skavenger

Master of Tools

• Pip
  • 55 posts

The FTP server is still kind of flaky. I've added a sanity check so that it spits out an error in case cabarc.exe doesn't download. I recommend downloading the script again (links are in the first post).

Thank you. Now it works for me.

Nice job.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash player 11.2.202.235. Redownload and rerun the script as MS's FTP server has become too unreliable and I've added a mirror to cabarc.exe.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash player 11.3.300.257. Re-download and rerun the script as the Flash URLs and filenames have changed and as such the script has been updated to version b.

Edited by -X-, 08 June 2012 - 07:26 AM.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash player 11.3.300.262 for Firefox, etc only. Re-run the script.

grubstake

grubstake
  • 6 posts

Thx....

Inane comment - "silent upgrade system"... yuk! Never liked "auto-update-anything" during installs...

Me neither......which leads me to ask...

Is it possible to disable all the nasty intrusive phone-home crap?

And can this 'addon' do that?.....has the right 'switches' or whatever built in?

thanks!
WANT: XP or Win2K version that runs at lowest possible power.....least CPU usage...no spurious HD accesses or network packets.

For: my modem/file sharing 'server' that's on 24/7, running only ICS or NAT32 (only rural dialup avail. here). We live "off-grid", so must make our own power via PV; so every watt is precious! Server is R60 Thinkpad.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Never check for updates (not recommended)

The add-on can't do that.

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
Many settings of flash player are stored in mms.cfg file. Even the recent installers create it when you answer during the install that you don't want to check for updates.

You can google for "mms.cfg" to see many of the entries.

GL

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts
Additional (all of it) Info -
Flash Player 11.1 Admin Guide
It appears that I don't have that file. One might assume it may need created. I do, however, have a User-Specific "settings.sol" that says Update is Disabled (in hex editor).

Did a quick search and found this (odd behavior).

edit @GrofLuigi - OHHH! That would be a User Full Installer maybe :unsure: . I've been using the "Distributable" ones. Maybe a difference :unsure:

Edited by submix8c, 07 July 2012 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash. 11.3.300.265
Re-run the creator.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash. 11.3.300.268
Re-run the creator.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash 11.3.300.270
Re-run the creator.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

New Flash 11.3.300.271
Re-run the creator.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts
DANG IT!!!! They keep beating it up! Now I have to go get it/them with my distribution account.... AGAIN! (sheesh!)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN