Adobe Flash Add-on Creator - NOT NEEDED. USE NEW NLITE.

I used to have a thread here with the latest versions of Adobe Flash for IE and other browsers. I guess they took it down because they don't want Adobe binaries redistributed here.

I have now created a batch file that will download the installer and turn it into an nLite add-on for you.

For IE ActiveX, download the script here: New nLite now supports direct integration of the Flash installers. ActiveX Installer

For Firefox, etc download the script here: New nLite now supports direct integration of the Flash installers. Plugin Installer

Just extract the folder somewhere on your hard drive and double click flash.add-on.creator.bat.

Anytime there is a new version of Flash release, just rerun the script and it will delete the current add-on and recreate a new one with the latest version. I will try to reply to this post when I hear of a new version.

As of this writing the latest Flash player is v11.2.202.228.

v11.2 brings with it a silent upgrade system checked every 25 hours via scheduled tasks. So you could theoretically not worry about always having the latest as it will update after your reinstall Windows.

Edited by -X-

• 2 weeks later...

It's not wrong. The FTP site is having some issues, At first I got a error trying to download via the browser and then it went away. I'll keep monitoring the situation.

Try these links and see if they work for you.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Services/TechNet/samples/PS/Win98/Reskit/NETADMIN/PROFMGR/TOOLS/

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Services/TechNet/samples/PS/Win98/Reskit/NETADMIN/PROFMGR/TOOLS/CABARC.EXE

If they work, rerun the script.

Let me know.

The FTP server is still kind of flaky. I've added a sanity check so that it spits out an error in case cabarc.exe doesn't download. I recommend downloading the script again (links are in the first post).

CABARC error suggestion (temp workaround) -

Get it ONCE into a separate folder. If FTP Download Failure, REM the line in the Script and Copy the backup to the folder (as the Script deletes everything but the actual Fixes).

If FTP Download Failure, REM the line in the Script and Copy the backup to the folder (as the Script deletes everything but the actual Fixes).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm a batch script newbie.

I was thinking of just putting a goto so it keeps retrying to download cabarc. It will download eventually. Then again it already has instructions for retrying (skipping the delete files part).

The FTP server is still kind of flaky. I've added a sanity check so that it spits out an error in case cabarc.exe doesn't download. I recommend downloading the script again (links are in the first post).

Thank you. Now it works for me.

Nice job.

• 3 weeks later...

New Flash player 11.2.202.235. Redownload and rerun the script as MS's FTP server has become too unreliable and I've added a mirror to cabarc.exe.

• 1 month later...

New Flash player 11.3.300.257. Re-download and rerun the script as the Flash URLs and filenames have changed and as such the script has been updated to version b.

Edited by -X-