Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

New Flash Player 11.2.202.228

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
Just noticed this latest update for the Adobe Flash Player this morning, however unlike the previous files this particular one will not install even with Kernel Ex.

I have been able up till now to install successfully all the 11 program versions but not this one unfortunately.

Error starting program, a device attached to the system is not functioning.

The INSTALL_FLASH_PLAYER_32BIT.EXE file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:ChangeServiceConfig2W.

I use Kernel-Ex 4.5.120

Will there be a way round this perhaps?

Posted Image

Edited by frogman, 28 March 2012 - 06:21 AM.

Windows 7 starter - Internet Explorer 11 - Google Chrome

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
Would I be experiencing this issue due to browser used? I say this as I can't use Firefox 4 or above due to it's slowness.

Joseph_sw

Joseph_sw

• PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined 03-August 08
if theres any spare xp machine, you might want to install it there, and examine with dependency walker if the calls needed by actual plugin.
if the call only happened to the installer, you might want to copy the extracted files to appropriate folder on win9x system and use the regsvr32 manually.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

if theres any spare xp machine, you might want to install it there, and examine with dependency walker if the calls needed by actual plugin.
if the call only happened to the installer, you might want to copy the extracted files to appropriate folder on win9x system and use the regsvr32 manually.

I don't have an XP machine unfortunately, and even if I did I wouldn't know too much about the dependency walker and such.

Have you managed to install this latest flash player on your 98 computer?

Edited by frogman, 28 March 2012 - 06:59 AM.

-X-

-X-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

v11.2 brings with it a silent update feature. The installer creates a scheduled task and adds a FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe (It's a service). Maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by -X-, 28 March 2012 - 07:10 AM.

[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

v11.2 brings with it a silent update feature. The installer creates a scheduled task and adds a FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe (It's a service). Maybe that has something to do with it?

Yes I think it probably has something to do with it.

I wonder if this can be helped with a change to be added to Kernel-Ex?

So at present anyone with win 98 won't be able to update to this latest version.

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10
Google for a portable version if you're not afraid it might contain malware and copy the NPSWF32.dll over the one that's already installed (in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Macromed\Flash\ on my machine)

I have just done that and it seems to be running OK in Opera 11.62. (2K compat mode required for NPSWF32.dll)

:hello:

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

Google for a portable version if you're not afraid it might contain malware and copy the NPSWF32.dll over the one that's already installed (in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Macromed\Flash\ on my machine)

I have just done that and it seems to be running OK in Opera 11.62. (2K compat mode required for NPSWF32.dll)

:hello:

Yes I have that same file in my system folder too.

When you say the one that's already installed you mean grab that file from the google download and replace it in that system folder where NPSWF32.dll is?

You say google for a portable version, are you able to give me where you managed to get one from?

Edited by frogman, 28 March 2012 - 07:46 AM.

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10
here: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|874p2|3790317690|Plugin_Portable_Flash_11.2.202.228.paf.exe|3546|R~2F7CAA2B9666023960F3C3BA8208910B|0|0 ;)

Unpack with 7z and replace the one that's installed with this new one and that's all there is to do.

Edited by loblo, 28 March 2012 - 07:50 AM.

Joseph_sw

Joseph_sw

• PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined 03-August 08
the new flash installer indeed creates a new services named: "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" which probably phoning home everytime i activates the computer / connect to internet,
the services were made to run automatically, regarless the choice i made during installation on XP machine.
So, i delete it immediately with Autoruns.

currently, i can only update the activeX version as i unable download the firefox version for unknown reasons (the sites offer me the outdated flash10 instead).

the .ocx use quite different file name this time, instead of flash11#.ocx or flash12#.ocx this time the .ocx named: Flash32_11_2_202_228.ocx
so i need to add that to KeX compatibilty list.

Dependency walker said the new ocx use the same imports as previous flash11 ocx (no new call introduced),
therefore copying the files to win98se then using regsvr32.exe against that ocx works for me.

Edited by Joseph_sw, 28 March 2012 - 07:51 AM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

here: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|874p2|3790317690|Plugin_Portable_Flash_11.2.202.228.paf.exe|3546|R~2F7CAA2B9666023960F3C3BA8208910B|0|0 ;)

Unpack with 7z and replace the one that's installed with this new one and that's all there is to do.

Still no too clear, when you say replace the one, are you referring to the NPSWF32.dll ?

Or am I to click on the exe file to install over the older flash installation?

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
It wasn't an archive to unpack it was an exe file, slightly confused here.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
Am I installing a plug-in to Firefox?

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
Right I see what you want now, when I installed that I see 2 files NPSWF32.dll and nppdf32.dll, is it just the first one that I need to replace?

Will I then need to try and install the latest flash player again or will this replacement of that file have done this already?

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
Sorry for being so dumb with this, but it worked, I now show as having that latest version of flash!

You have version 11,2,202,228 installed.

Thanks so much loblo, I appreciate your help very much.

:thumbup

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

loblo,

When this player gets updated again will you be able to send another one of those fixes? :)

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10

loblo,

When this player gets updated again will you be able to send another one of those fixes? :)

Google for a portable flash player next time there is an update and you should find one as easily as I found this one, I didn't do it myself.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

loblo,

Google for a portable flash player next time there is an update and you should find one as easily as I found this one, I didn't do it myself.

I found the file you sent, I think I would need to as in this case enter the version of the flash player like this when searching, and by doing so I found the same link.

firefox portable flash plugin 11.2.202.228

Edited by frogman, 28 March 2012 - 06:53 PM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
Would I be able to do the same for the version 10 for the internet explorer version of the flash player? and if so where would I be looking to find the file to replace? as surely it will be in a different folder than the one I did for Firefox yesterday.

Perhaps this can only be done for the same program version, like 11 or 10.

Giant2011

Giant2011

• PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 05-June 11
He Hello frogman, I installed flashplayer 10.1.53.64 for internet explorer in the directory c:\win98\system\macromed\flash
there are two files for internet exporer flash10h.ocx and flashutil10h_activex.exe. I installed this version and it worked.
Do you mean searching for flash10h.ocx and flashutil10h_activex.exe on the internet.

halohalo

halohalo

• PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 07-December 06

Would I be able to do the same for the version 10 for the internet explorer version of the flash player? and if so where would I be looking to find the file to replace? as surely it will be in a different folder than the one I did for Firefox yesterday.

Perhaps this can only be done for the same program version, like 11 or 10.

Start -> Run -> c:\flashplayer10_3r183_18_winax.exe /install

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
I have the latest flash player 11.2.202.228 showing as being installed thanks to loblo with the portable flash player file.

Just a little question though, I went on to this site today, http://www.skysports.com/score_centre and it said that * *Flash Player 8 or higher required (Free download) * **Flash Player 9 or higher required (Free download) Download the latest flash plugin for free!

Just confused why it doesn't pick up the Flash player 11.2.202.228 ?

Anyone that had used the method the same as I did if they could say whether they get the same as I do when I visit that site.

There will be a reason of course, it's just that I can't come up with one, and I'm looking for help.

Thanks.

jumper

jumper

2015 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 21-January 11

Just a little question though, I went on to this site today, http://www.skysports.com/score_centre and it said that * *Flash Player 8 or higher required (Free download) * **Flash Player 9 or higher required (Free download) Download the latest flash plugin for free!

Just confused why it doesn't pick up the Flash player 11.2.202.228 ?

Short answer: Ignore the message and click on the sub-site you want. Most of the sub-sites are flash-based--they'll find the plug-in and load just fine.Long answer:
I reproduced the symptoms in FireFox 2.0.0.20 and Opera 10.63 with Flash 9.0.47.0. The scripting Error Console in both browsers report "'$.getScripts' is not a function".

The webpage at "skysports.com/score_centre" by default displays the Flash error message and then relies on a script to detect the Flash plug-in and hide the message. The script fails, so the message stays.

Searching with Google for "+getScripts -getscript" yielded only two results, so it doesn't seems to be a browser standards-compatibility issue, just a typo/programming error at skysports.com.

Edited by jumper, 11 April 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Design feedback requested:
KernelEx 4.5.2015
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
Future projects: Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
New Adobe Flash Player available 11,2,202,233

I can confirm that it can be installed and work correctly by installing the portable version for your particular browser, in my case Firefox.

http://rapidshare.co...202.233.paf.exe

:thumbup

Giant2011

Giant2011

• PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 05-June 11
I manually copied npswf32.dll to the flash directory. But this did not work I had to remove flash totally and then I had to install
flash 10 for IE and then I copied npswf32.dll to the flash directory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users