New Flash Player 11.2.202.228

It's possible to install version 11.3 again with the msi installer. It installs with an error, but it works for me. (Opera 11.64 / Firefox 3.5.19 // but have a problem with Opera 10.63)  :thumbup   

It's possible to install version 11.3 again with the msi installer. It installs with an error, but it works for me. (Opera 11.64 / Firefox 3.5.19 // but have a problem with Opera 10.63)  :thumbup   

Doesn't work for me with the installer, I get a permanent runtime error, and no sign of any files going to temp folders, anyway I went back to 11.2 due to the sound issues I mentioned earlier.

Cool - thanks !!

Got also the error message on SeaMonkey 2.0.14 but the player seem to work flawlessly.

Well I am staying with the 11.2.202.235 version and all I did was to use the Flash portable file and place it in the macromedia system folder, and it reports it as being installed, and of course I don't have sound issues with youtube videos.

I found it surprising that there was a 11.2.202.236 version, I assumed the last 11.2 version was 235 ?

Can someone who has installed this very latest version using the msi confirm that playing videos embedded with youtube results in normal audio and video?

Edited by frogman

I found it surprising that there was a 11.2.202.236 version, I assumed the last 11.2 version was 235 ?

This version is an update for Linux only - here is confirmation.

I have tried it with the msi installer and received the following error which results in it not reporting as being installed.

http://storagestart2.divshare.com/launch.php?f=18381120&s=ecf&i=normal

It's Internet Explorer version and schwups has mentioned only that one for alternative browsers like Firefox/Opera.

Edited by rainyd

Right, so I have the last 10 version for Internet Explorer 6 which is 10,3,183,20, I don't use I.E much only when playing pool.

I use Opera 11.64 and Firefox 3.68, and I am using flash version 11.2.202.235 for both of these browsers, and do so as I have used the NPSWF32.dll version for 11.2.202.235 and placed it in c:windows/system/macromedia/flash, and when I check the version report on adobe it reports I have version 11.2.202.235 successfully installed.

Now I am aware that this isn't the most current version as 11.3 is available, but this latest 11.3 version is having issues with sound on embedded youtube videos, I take it nobody else using windows 98 is having the same issues with sound with the 11.3 version of flash player?

Edited by frogman

It would seem that the people at http://portableappz.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/flash-1021531-10318042-plugins.html have boobed with their latest update, well I say this as when I take their latest Adobe Flash player update for version 11.3.300.257 then extract as normal, when I check the version of NPSWF32.dll it shows as 11,2,202,235.

Anyone else noticed this or has anyone managed to get the latest version to show on their system?

Honestly, I don't know what sort of benefits do you expect installing newest Flash version on retro systems like Win98/Me but if you need it so badly, you can download it from here.

Btw, I've tested it - it works (suprisingly even with old SeaMonkey 1.1.19).

I have taken your advice and am staying for the time being with 11.2. don't fix if it ain't broke comes to mind. :D

Cool - thanks !!

Got also the error message on SeaMonkey 2.0.14 but the player seem to work flawlessly.

11.3.300.262 also works with the msi-installer !!

The INSTALL_FLASH_PLAYER_32BIT.EXE file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:ChangeServiceConfig2W.

Kexstubs now contains the follow definition for this API:

[Advapi32.dll]
ChangeServiceConfig2W=z3e

That means: return zero, pop three parameters from the stack, and SetLastError (<invalid function>).

You can also try changing the definition to "z3e0" / SetLastError (<success>).

The INSTALL_FLASH_PLAYER_32BIT.EXE file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:ChangeServiceConfig2W.

[Advapi32.dll]

That means: return zero, pop three parameters from the stack, and SetLastError (<invalid function>).

Yes, the msi (windows installer)  of update 262 works fine for me.   :yes:  

The player only works, if Opera runs with Win2000 mode! It doesn't, if Opera runs with default mode.

[Advapi32.dll]

Yes, the msi (windows installer)  of update 262 works fine for me.   :yes:  

The player only works, if Opera runs with Win2000 mode! It doesn't, if Opera runs with default mode.

Yeah, but I think you are referring to having ME, whereas I have Win98.