Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

CDIMAGE Switches

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
hi there
I've done my precious with xpcreate.
then i wanted to use jdeboeck's remove files. since the last 3 days i've been trying to get it working.!!! I know they had to work bc i had used them before.
now I've discovered this:
since last 3 days i was using
CLS
@echo off
TITLE Creating ISO
ECHO. 
ECHO Creating ISO...
CDIMAGE -LXPCREATE.ISO -YD -N -H -X -OCI -M -D -BXPCTBOOT.BIN CDROOT XPCREATE.ISO
ECHO.
PAUSE
EXIT
and when i used only 1 remove file (I've even changed the files so that it removed only 1 line from txtsetup.sif & dosnet.inf) I would always get txtsetup corrupt or etc error 14 error.
now just minute ago i went back to the other file i had been using which is this:
CLS
@echo off
TITLE Creating ISO
ECHO. 
ECHO Creating ISO...
CDIMAGE.EXE -lXPCREATE.ISO -t12/31/2002,12:00:00 -h -j1 -m -bxpboot.img cdroot XPCREATE.ISO
ECHO.
PAUSE
EXIT
and now jdeboeck's files are working???

can someone explain this?????

edit: okay i just tried this one as well and it didn't work either
CLS
@echo off
TITLE Creating ISO
ECHO. 
ECHO Creating ISO...
CDIMAGE -LXPCREATE.ISO -YD -N -H -X -OCI -M -D -Bxpboot.img CDROOT XPCREATE.ISO
ECHO.
PAUSE
EXIT
so its not the boot image file. so it must be the switches for cdimage. but I don't get it????

is it the date switch or the rest of them?
is it okay if i use the working one?

btw that non working copy is taken from xpcreate's .cmd file :D

done installing in 17min 30sec :)) (except the file copying part which took about 2-3 min)

windows folder 623mb total, sfc is on. haven't put the registries in yet...nor the programs... ok going offtopic
my question on cdimage continues. come to think about it, its not an xpcreate issue :rolleyes: move me...

Edited by XtremeMaC, 24 February 2004 - 01:46 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

johann83

johann83

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03
Did you run jdeboeck's remove files before or after XPCREATE? In my case, I ran them on the files I put in the CDSOURCE directory, then I ran XPCREATE and things seem to work without a hitch, mostly... Actually, the only problem I have is that Windows Update is reporting that the Rollup Hotfix is not installed.

I'm thinking maybe that some of the files that got updated in the rollup package were removed by jdeboeck's scripts and that is confusing Windows Update. So I'm going to try re-running the scripts but without removing any of the items which are updated by the rollup hotfix to see if that solves my issue.

It's curious that the switches to CDIMAGE seem to be having some effect for you.

Matt

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
XtremeMaC: This is defintly a classic CDIMAGE type of problem. You probably changed TXTSETUP.INF to txtsetup.inf, or something along those lines. The CDIMAGE switches are "delicate". I'm not sure you noticed ... but I only use 8.3 UPPERCASE file names on all the files inside I386, and switches that expect that file structure.

Hope you don't mind, I changed the Thread name to reflect the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users