I believe I have lanmanserver issues

fsantiago

I see. The laptop still has the same problem though. It doesnt connect to the wireless right away and lets say if I try to open services it takes a very long I would say about 10-15 minutes for me to be able to access it cause its still loading. After that then everything loads up. I can then access service the wireless connects and anything else is accesible. The only thing I can do right away is browse folders beside that I have to wait 10-15 minutes to use it. Its really frustrating. One the trace what is the that long start for a service I see? I think its called group network provider which extends byond the services graph. This issue is really messing with my mind.

Does it make a difference if you disable the WLAN with the switcher at the laptop, boot Windows and after Windows is fully booted, enable the WLAN again? Do you still have delays?

The trace still shows that the LanManagerservice is still slow. Have you really disabled the service?

to see why services.msc opens so slowly you must run Process Monitor in background:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

and after services.msc is shown, stop Process Monitor and look at the duration column in "Process Monitor" to see what takes most time.

Well if i do change the service to disabled everything works great from boot. My question is this why is this service a problem? My other pc runs with it on auto just fine. This is why this issue troubles me. With the WLAN switched off the same issues still occur.

I will try that. Do you think its another registry key mishap? The one of this version of windows 7 has display name "DisplayName"="@%systemroot%\\system32\\srvsvc.dll,-100" on the laptop it simply just says "Server"