Windows 98SE on a Dell Latitude D510

Guest an65001

Guest an65001

Hello everybody. I am new to MSFN. I am wondering if I can find Windows 98SE drivers for a Dell Latitude D510.

So far, I found the Sound and Ethernet, and I have a PCMCIA WiFi card. But what can you suggest me about the video driver?

It's got an Intel 910GML integrated graphics card (GMA 900). :(

There's no good solution known for it, I'm sorry to say.

What we do know is in this thread only.

The Eee PC 701 uses the same chipset.

Sorry I cannot help you more, and welcome to MSFN! :hello:

Guest an65001

It's got an Intel 910GML integrated graphics card (GMA 900). :(

There's no good solution known for it, I'm sorry to say.

What we do know is in this thread only.

The Eee PC 701 uses the same chipset.

Sorry I cannot help you more, and welcome to MSFN! :hello:

Thanks for a least trying. I think that possibly using SCITech Display Doctor, I can get graphics. I'll try it when I can get to installing Windows 98 SE on the Dell.

Whatever you do, please keep us posted.

If you solve the video problem you'll be helping many other users besides yourself.

Observe you can get graphics also with VBEMP (as described in the thread I pointed you to).

The problem is it'll crash if you ever open a DOS box. :wacko:

Good luck!

Guest an65001

Whatever you do, please keep us posted.

If you solve the video problem you'll be helping many other users besides yourself.

Observe you can get graphics also with VBEMP (as described in the thread I pointed you to).

The problem is it'll crash if you ever open a DOS box. :wacko:

Good luck!

I'm gonna get the laptop soon! And I will post pics of the laptop running Windows 98 SE! Yes I know about the bearwindows driver, I can use _default.pif to force the command prompt into full screen, hence eliminating the video issue. But I will try SciTech first, as it can display a dos prompt in a window.

Here is another possibility: EnTech

I haven't tried it, but had come across it while looking for a driver some time back.

Please do keep everyone informed of your successes and failures, as we all learn that way.

Guest an65001

I haven't tried it, but had come across it while looking for a driver some time back.

Please do keep everyone informed of your successes and failures, as we all learn that way.

Does this utility come with its own generic display driver?

Does this utility come with its own generic display driver?

I don't much about it other than what they say on their website. There is a newer version than the one I linked to. About all I can say, is that it is try before you buy shareware, so you can download it and give it a go to see if will do what you need. I ended up using the SciTech driver for a virtual machine and it worked fine, so I didn't go any further. If you have the ability to virtualize an instance of 98se, you might want to do some of your testing that way before taking it to the hardware. And yes, native is better than virtual any day.

All that said, from what their website says, it would appear that it addresses things at the hardware level, so I would assume :unsure: that it includes a generic driver.

Good luck and keep us informed.