I successfully slipstreamed and tested my first CD -yay!- and everything looks good. I'm still a little nervous -but excited- so if you don't mind me taking up yet a little more of your time with my noob questions I'd like to confirm a few things before I wipe my HD.
- I know a VM uses it's own drivers so you can't test out the ones included in an UI but I checked the device manager on my VM and there were unknown devices (monitor, LAN and some others) Is it normal for a VM to show such unknown devices or did I screw up?
- During set-up it still asks me to confirm my PC's name, is that because I should've chosen a different option in unattended? I left it on the default "hide pages" because with this being my first UI i didn't want to chance changing it, it's not a big problem just a little annoying.
- Does the "classic start-up" option remove the select user screen at start-up allowing Windows to boot straight into the system without having to choose a user first? If not is there some other way for me to set that up with Nlite?
- Is there any merit in removing components beyond simply making the install disc smaller and using less HD space? (e.g. any performance gains?)
- The SATA controller Tomaz gave me (which I'm sure was the right one based on the info I gave him but I'm not sure if I left the following info out and if it's important enough to change anything) lists these
- Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® EP80579 SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel® ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller
When I look at my device manager though this is what my PC is currently set to:
- Do I have the right controllers ready to use in my new install, if I put those files just as Tomasz packaged them in his link on a flash drive could I use them for a F6 install and will I need to? I know Tomasz said Nlite will install them and I'm not doubting him I'd just like to confirm I understood him correctly, that I have it right in my own mind and that I'm fully ready before I start the new install, I don't want to get stuck with an unreadable drive!
- Does it seem that I have all the correct drivers that I should need?
Attached -hopefully for real this time- is my last session ini. I think I uploaded it but forgot to press the attach button before /facepalm. I'd been reading forums all day trying to sort my own fix out so my brain was a bit syrupy when I posted.
Thanks again for giving me your time and expertise.
LAST SESSION.INI (36.27K)
Number of downloads: 4