Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WFW 3.11's "net start" command conflict.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ppgrainbow

ppgrainbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 04-October 11
I'm running into some sort of a problem with using the Arachne browser under MS-DOS and Windows for Workgroups 3.11. I'm currently running it under VMware Player with 64 MB of allocated system RAM which is the most that MS-DOS 6.22 can take...so here how it goes.

I'm currently running the Arachne Web Browser...to access the internet under DOS, I have to invoke this command in line 20 of the AUTOEXEC.BAT file for the AMD PCINet packet driver:

pcntpk int=0x60

But the biggest problem is using the "net start" command which invokes internet access under Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and not DOS, guess what happens. The Arachne web browser hangs for a while and when it's finished, I end up with this error message:

Posted Image

When I run Internet Explorer 5 (16-bit) under WFW 3.11, things just look okay:

Posted Image

Is there a way to fix this to a point where I should make Arachne work under DOS? :(

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear, but I want to point out the conflicts with using the AMD PCINet packet driver and running the "net start" command.

Edited by ppgrainbow, 14 April 2012 - 12:37 AM.

AVA Direct FX AM3+ specs: Zalman ZM Z9-U3 Black Mid-Tower case / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / AMD FX-4300 3.8 GHz quad-core processor / Fractal Design Integra R2 500W PSU / Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler / Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB (WD1003FZEX) SATA III 7200 RPM / Lite-On iHas124 Black 24x DVD-RW / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport PC3-12800 DDR3 (2 x 4 GB) / StarTech SATA-to-CompactFlash Adapter (35BAYCF2SAT) / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 520 MHz 1 GB GDDR3 / Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64

Toshiba Tecra 720CDT specs: Intel Mobile Pentium 133 MHz processor / Toshiba MK4309MAT 4.32 GB 4200 RPM hard drive / Toshiba XM-1402B 6x Speed CD-ROM drive / Toshiba PA2656U 1.44 MB external floppy diskette drive / 16 MB soldiered EDO + 128 MB Kingston KTT720-128 128 MB EDO memory module (NW2046U) (144 MB total) / Chips & Technologies 65550 HIQV32 2 MB EDO (integrated graphics controller chip) / Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users