MS Office2003 -Unattended.MST not working

kali

Kali, just to answer your queries in #14

•Why is .ini file necessary and how to make it?

A1) .ini is just a text file. You manually create it using any text editor. Every nlite-addon requires a .ini file so that slipstreamer can add it to XP during slipstreaming. There can be any 2 types of .ini.

One: sysoc type

Two: svcpack type

Or a combination of both in one .ini

Just download any inf or svcpack type addon to see it and learn from it.

•What is "%~dpn0.exe" and NUL in your reg script- add %ROE% /v 1 /t Reg_sz /d "%~dpn0.exe" /f>NUL

A1) Current drive+path+name of current script (curretn script is 0) + append .exe string to it. jaclaz also has an explanation for this.

A2) >NUL just hide the output from view on the console. So you will see only a black console without any output status. NULL is a device. (Read under Redirection)

•How to make reg script for .inf file? I know reg Command in dos and I have knowledge about add reg command.

•How to make .inf file to install a software?

My last two questions are not topic related. So I am sorry to disturb you. But I am very interested to know.

A1) Look at inf tutorial-pinned topics. To convert .reg to .inf, you basically need reg2inf utility

If you want to make a hybrid t-13/runonceex 7zip sfx you could use this:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="setup.exe TRANSFORMS=\"%%T\\Unattended.mst\" /qb!"
AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\Office2003 /ve /d \"MS Office 2003\" /f"
AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\Office2003 /v 1 /d %%S\\%%M /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

%%M - SFX Archive Name Without Path

%%S - Full Path To The SFX Archive

%%T - The Full Path Extraction

Normal action (when you double click) is to do a normal install, but if you run the installer with -ai switch (or hold shift while you run it) it will add the registry entries to install on reboot (via RunOnceEx)

So you run this during svcpack/t-13 with -ai it will add the reg entries, next restart (first login) the installer will run normally

Edited by ricktendo64