Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

syncing outlook on multiple computers without exchange?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

hellbringer616

hellbringer616

Junior

• Pip
  • 57 posts
A client of mine would like to sync his workstation PC with his secondary workstation at another location. They want to do this without exchange, as it is a costly venture, and he is the only one in the company who wants it.

I looked into the program Sync2, However when syncing it doesn't preserve his timestamps when he received the e-mails. And it doesn't sync subfolders he has in his inbox. So i am looking for alternatives. Are any of you aware of them? Sub $100 would be best, But i'm sure if it's under the cost of exchange he'll take it.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
What is being used as the email provider? Do they have the option of using imap and having mail left on the server (easiest)?

hellbringer616

hellbringer616

Junior

• Pip
  • 57 posts
They can use imap, but they are limited to 300 messages maximum, And they have much more then that (about 1500+) I'm not sure who supplies their e-mail. It is a local business with a webserver, is about all i know.

Another thing i forgot to mention, is Calendar and contact syncing would be nice, but not needed.

Edited by hellbringer616, 30 April 2012 - 07:14 AM.

hellbringer616

hellbringer616

Junior

• Pip
  • 57 posts
Any news on anything that may help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN