Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

tomasz86

@lostrail

• You can use my HFSLIP archive for slipstreaming. It's available in the download Archive on my website in Windows2000\HFSLIP. The archive hasn't been updated for a while so there are several updates missing and it uses an older release of UURollup-v11. Still, it's probably the easiest way to slipstream both official and unofficial updates. The daily releases of UURollup-v11 are availably only as 7z archives so you can't slipstream them. You'd have to pack them to SFXCAB. The reason why I offer them only in 7z format is that 7z is much better compressible than (SFX)CAB and this way I can safe some disk space. Anyhow, you could just manually install the newest UURollup daily after the system has been installed.

• I'd suggest slipstreaming updates using HFSLIP, testing the installation, and only after that try to use nLite for optimisation. This way you can be sure that everything works correctly after using HFSLIP.

• You can use these true addons instead of the T-13 ones as true addons are integrated directly into the source:

Silverlight: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6777

.NET 1.1: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6717

.NET 2.0: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8315

The newer .NET Frameworks are integrated in my merged .NET installer but it can't be slipstreamed (only manual installation is possible).

• Alternatively you can use this OnePiece update pack:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5326

which covers almost all available official updates. After that you could install UR2 and UURollup manually in order to have an almost fully updated system.

• I don't really use RunOnce. If possible I prefer to integrate everything directly into the source.
I'm sorry for such a late reply :(

By the way, I'm still struggling to finish and finally upload the new version of my website. I've been spending all my free time on it but unfortunately it takes time to sort and tidy everything up (the current code was very dirty and disorganised), unpredicted problems and issues occur, etc. My current plan is to do as much as I can in order to upload it this weekend, even if it's not 100% polished. I've already spend too much time on it and want to upload a working version as soon as possible. Smaller fixes can be added later.

Edited by tomasz86

You can use my HFSLIP archive for slipstreaming. It's available in the download Archive on my website in Windows2000\HFSLIP. The archive hasn't been updated for a while so there are several updates missing and it uses an older release of UURollup-v11. Still, it's probably the easiest way to slipstream both official and unofficial updates. The daily releases of UURollup-v11 are availably only as 7z archives so you can't slipstream them. You'd have to pack them to SFXCAB. The reason why I offer them only in 7z format is that 7z is much better compressible than (SFX)CAB and this way I can safe some disk space.

Thanks for this explanation, tomasz86; I wondered why the HFSLIP package wasn’t routinely updated right along with the daily release of UURollup.

I’m really looking forward to your USP5.2, and am hoping it can be integrated using nLite just like an official service pack. Thank you for continuing to work on Windows 2000, even as you include Windows XP. I will continue to use both.

Thanks for this explanation, tomasz86; I wondered why the HFSLIP package wasnt routinely updated right along with the daily release of UURollup.

I'm going to update the package a little bit as there are several obsolete official updates in it. When it comes to the version of UURollup included, you're right. I wanted to include only weekly releases in the HFSLIP package for stability reasons but, as you know, I haven't been able to prepare any new weekly packages for a long time, thus the last weekly release included in the HFSLIP package is rather old now.

Im really looking forward to your USP5.2, and am hoping it can be integrated using nLite just like an official service pack. Thank you for continuing to work on Windows 2000, even as you include Windows XP. I will continue to use both.

Thank you :) That's the whole point of the USP - one full single package for installation and slipstreaming, much easier to use than hundreds of single updates.

I'm focused on both Windows 2000 and XP (and also 2003 to less extent). I used Windows 2000 for a long time and now I'm using Windows XP but the only real difference in my case is that I can use IE8 to access several IE-only websites (they require ActiveX and don't work in IE6 properly any more, and yes, I'm required to use them so no choice for me here :( and also as I've already said before, some of them have to be used on real hardware so using a VM isn't possible). When it comes to the rest of applications I use on a daily basis, I use exactly the same programs I used to use in Windows 2000 so no difference here (except maybe for Chromium based browsers which have the Javascript bug in Windows 2000 but my main browser is Firefox so it doesn't matter that much for me anyway).

Edited by tomasz86

@tomasz86:

1. It's okay, I'll wait for the archive to be updated. I managed to create a VM image, which is pretty updated, running MSO 2007, .NET (thanks to you and your installer), Opera portable and other software as well. In case of making an installation image, it is wiser to wait for the HFSLIP folder to be updated.

2. I already did customisations with nLite, so this is not really an issue.

3. I think there's a little misunderstanding here. However, thank you for the links as they solve other issues for me. I was interested mainly in installing UUR daily during the T-13 phase (as it is not SFXCAB and cannot be slipstreamed into the installation source). Will it work with /Passive and /NoRestart switches? Are there other concerns?

About the .NET framework multi package of yours: Is the T-13 installation possible as well?

4. This pack includes also USP 5.1? It says it is past SP4, so it comes onto a clean SP4 image?

5. OK

Thank you for your cooperation and help.

Edited by lostrail

I released HFSlip creator Windows 2000 BlackWingCat English Edition on 19th Oct.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1763141.html

English and Japanese Version Here.

It is integrated following components.

* Extended kernel NT 6.x Game Edition .

* Extended Core. ( CPU 32 Cores and Memory 32G available ! )

* All Windows 2000 Update.

* IE 6 SP1 + Tab Available

* OutLook Express 6 SP3

* SilverLight v4.1

* SATA Driver

* Fixed Intel Inf Driver.

* XP Compatible USB Driver + general USB 3.0 Drivers + iPhone/iPad Driver

* XP Semi-Compatible Audio Driver.

* .Net 1.0SP3/1.1/2.0SP2/3.5SP1 and all hotfix.

* Safari 6.0.5 and Firefox/Thunderbird 17.0.9 ESR

* XP Compatible Tool Installed

* MovieMaker 2.6

* MMC 3.0

* MDAC 2.8SP2

* Native Virtual CD Driver.

* Java 6 u 65

* Flash 11.7 / ShockWave 12 /Air 3.9

* Google Earth / Picasa

* Media Player 10 and Encoder 9

* Skype 6

* Included Process Monitor / Process Explorer / File mon /Debug View

* Windows Defender

* DirectX 9.0 and All June 2010 Update ,SlimDX and XNA

* VC++ Runtimes 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013

* Available command Processor Library.

* Power Shell v2.0

* Recent Daylight Saving Time Update.

* Recent roots certificate update.

* Recent MSXML and XMLLite.

* Recent Windows Update Agent

* Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a

* Customized Windows Installer v3.1 and Setting Tool.

* COM + 1.0 Rollup Package 38

* JavaScript Engine v5.8 and v9.0

* Remote Desktop Client 7.0

- You can select option

* .Net Framework 4.0 SP3 for Windows 2000

* InteliPoint 7.1 for Windows 2000

Edited by blackwingcat

• 2 weeks later...

(Hi to... Everyone on MSFN)

Roger THAT :thumbup! BlackWingCat...

Oh...that's simply...Amazing :w00t: Astounding...etc...

Thanks... a... whole Universe, BWC...

cheer to the MSFN World...

HDB ( hackeronte de bugger)

P.S.

Long Live to W2K-PRO! :whistle:

I released HFSlip creator Windows 2000 BlackWingCat English Edition on 19th Oct.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1763141.html

English and Japanese Version Here.

It is integrated following components.

* Extended kernel NT 6.x Game Edition .

* Extended Core. ( CPU 32 Cores and Memory 32G available ! )

* All Windows 2000 Update.

* IE 6 SP1 + Tab Available

* OutLook Express 6 SP3

* SilverLight v4.1

* SATA Driver

* Fixed Intel Inf Driver.

* XP Compatible USB Driver + general USB 3.0 Drivers + iPhone/iPad Driver

* XP Semi-Compatible Audio Driver.

* .Net 1.0SP3/1.1/2.0SP2/3.5SP1 and all hotfix.

* Safari 6.0.5 and Firefox/Thunderbird 17.0.9 ESR

* XP Compatible Tool Installed

* MovieMaker 2.6

* MMC 3.0

* MDAC 2.8SP2

* Native Virtual CD Driver.

* Java 6 u 65

* Flash 11.7 / ShockWave 12 /Air 3.9

* Google Earth / Picasa

* Media Player 10 and Encoder 9

* Skype 6

* Included Process Monitor / Process Explorer / File mon /Debug View

* Windows Defender

* DirectX 9.0 and All June 2010 Update ,SlimDX and XNA

* VC++ Runtimes 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013

* Available command Processor Library.

* Power Shell v2.0

* Recent Daylight Saving Time Update.

* Recent roots certificate update.

* Recent MSXML and XMLLite.

* Recent Windows Update Agent

* Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a

* Customized Windows Installer v3.1 and Setting Tool.

* COM + 1.0 Rollup Package 38

* JavaScript Engine v5.8 and v9.0

* Remote Desktop Client 7.0

- You can select option

* .Net Framework 4.0 SP3 for Windows 2000

* InteliPoint 7.1 for Windows 2000

This is awesome, as I am having issues with getting my SATA to work during install. One question/favor: Is there a way to remove some of the included items?

I would like to remove the following from the CD:

IE 6 SP1 + Tab Available

OutLook Express 6 SP3

SilverLight v4.1

Safari 6.0.5 and Firefox/Thunderbird 17.0.9 ESR

MovieMaker 2.6

Google Earth / Picasa

Media Player 10 and Encoder 9

Skype 6

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JayMan

I would like to remove the following from the CD:

IE 6 SP1 + Tab Available

OutLook Express 6 SP3

SilverLight v4.1

Safari 6.0.5 and Firefox/Thunderbird 17.0.9 ESR

MovieMaker 2.6

Google Earth / Picasa

Media Player 10 and Encoder 9

Skype 6

Thanks in advance.

Delete from HFGUIRUNONCE or HFCABS the components as you want to delete.

(Movie maker exists in HFEXPERT\PROGRAMFILES)

If you can't find cab file, see addtional.cmd ( not additional.cmd )

But I think that you had better not to delete IE6 component.

It includes some Shell components update.

Edited by blackwingcat

How thoroughly tested was this? I downloaded the cabs and put them together using the copy /b command and exported everything to the HF_SLIP program, it went through integrating and made an ISO, but I installed it and it was all messed up. The Program Files and WINNT folder were completely inaccessible. None of the programs were on the start menu except for the very default. Add/Remove Programs didn't function at all. The control panel was all messed up, it didn't have the side bar at all. It was just all broken. Even during install right at the end it said something about the Windows Installer service couldn't be accessed. Then when I first logged in, it complained it couldn't find Appwiz.dll or something like that. Something just went horribly wrong when trying to do this.

Hi.

Yes. I tested and I took these snapshots when I created English Windows 2000 DVD with this hfslip package.

When I created this iso, the image size about 1,304,938kb.

I burned it on DVD-RW and I booted My computer with this DVD.

Umm...... Although My Windows 2000 is MSDN English version, there is no such problem.

Do you notice things like cause anything?

How thoroughly tested was this? I downloaded the cabs and put them together using the copy /b command and exported everything to the HF_SLIP program, it went through integrating and made an ISO, but I installed it and it was all messed up. The Program Files and WINNT folder were completely inaccessible. None of the programs were on the start menu except for the very default. Add/Remove Programs didn't function at all. The control panel was all messed up, it didn't have the side bar at all. It was just all broken. Even during install right at the end it said something about the Windows Installer service couldn't be accessed. Then when I first logged in, it complained it couldn't find Appwiz.dll or something like that. Something just went horribly wrong when trying to do this.

Edited by blackwingcat

Hello again...I'm trying to install a new program (Medved Trader) and the installation has failed at the point that it tried to download and install Windows Installer 4.5 . Is there a way that this version of Windows Installer will work in Windows 2000.

I'm using UU Rollup1, UU Rollup 2, UU Rollup v11(weekly 20130323), and .NetFramework 1-4.0 .

Hi.

Yes. I tested and I took these snapshots when I created English Windows 2000 DVD with this hfslip package.

When I created this iso, the image size about 1,304,938kb.

I burned it on DVD-RW and I booted My computer with this DVD.

Umm...... Although My Windows 2000 is MSDN English version, there is no such problem.

Do you notice things like cause anything?

I think my DVD was almost 200MBs short of that, so I don't know if that means much or not. But I didn't have any errors during setup except for it complaining about the Windows installer service right at the end of setup, I think it was under either start menu items or the next one about the registry. I can't remember. But other than that, the only other trouble I had was right after I logged into Windows and it started complaining about appwiz.dll and the only way I could continue was to cancel out the command prompt windows that accompanied it, then it went to the desktop. But setup went pretty smooth which is why I don't understand how this happened.

Hello again...I'm trying to install a new program (Medved Trader) and the installation has failed at the point that it tried to download and install Windows Installer 4.5 . Is there a way that this version of Windows Installer will work in Windows 2000.

I'm using UU Rollup1, UU Rollup 2, UU Rollup v11(weekly 20130323), and .NetFramework 1-4.0 .

I've tried a long time ago and it wouldn't work for me, but maybe blackwingcat will figure out a way around it. Alos, your UU Rollup is quite old, try one of the daily versions. I've been using the latest one for quite some time and I haven't experienced any problems with it.

A new daily of UURollup-v11 is ready (available in the Archive).

Changes:

• added all new files from BWC kernel 935839-v23h (not v23hG!)
  • added videoprt.sys 5.0.2195.6833 from BWC 829884-v8
  • some minor fixes
Edited by tomasz86

A new daily of UURollup-v11 is ready (available in the Archive).

Changes:

• added all new files from BWC kernel 935839-v23h (not v23hG!)
  • added videoprt.sys 5.0.2195.6833 from BWC 829884-v8
  • some minor fixes

I found a bug. Anytime you right click on something in explorer, explorer crashes with a critical stop error and the typical cannot read or write complaint.