Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000

• Please log in to reply
738 replies to this topic

ironman14

ironman14

• PipPip
  • 202 posts
Is UURollup still being updated? Just curious.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Hackeronte

Hackeronte

Windows 2000 Pro ©® Fashion

• Pip
  • 55 posts

ironman14 said

Me too...

:}  erm..i´m feeling rather lonely here, with my W2k OS in a world of Win7...8... but as Tommy said:

Windows 2000 will always be my choice OS. It's secure and FAST as heck.

2k cheer to ev'rybody....

hackeronte de' bugger

P.S.

Congrats for your new job Tomasz

• Tommy likes this

sully10101

sully10101
  • 3 posts

You don't have to be sorry for anything, Tomas! I'm thrilled that you even replied! :-) Your instructions are great! I will follow them and reply back to you and let you know how it goes either way. Whether it be bad or good! :-) So the whole thing of trying to get the full versions installed is no longer necessary because of the portable versions? That's even better news. I'll give it a try. Anyway, I'm eternally grateful to you for replying. Thank you again. 

sully10101

sully10101
  • 3 posts

Ok. Having a problem extracting the UURollup. It looks like it's working then tells me "Unsupported compression method: "Windows2000UURollup" and gives the file name it had a problem with. Which is a bunch of them. I'm using 7zip. 

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

ironman14 said

Me too...

It will be updated although I can't say when (but hope it'll be in the near future). I'm not planning to release any new "official" version though. Any possible updates will be released only through the daily channel.

Ok. Having a problem extracting the UURollup. It looks like it's working then tells me "Unsupported compression method: "Windows2000UURollup" and gives the file name it had a problem with. Which is a bunch of them. I'm using 7zip.

Have you tried to use the newest 7-Zip 9.32 alpha?
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

ironman14

ironman14

• PipPip
  • 202 posts
Ok. Thanks. Just wanted to know.

robertbaer

robertbaer
  • 8 posts

I am really hot to get the latest and thensome.

The only way i can support (some) is with a few nickels (AKA financially).

If this is acceptable, please indicate so, and what a reasonable amount might be.

. It might be a while before i get back here to see responses,so please write/copy directly to me: robertbaer(at)localnet(dot)com.

Thanks.

robertbaer

robertbaer
  • 8 posts

nLite barfed with the rollup:

"Windows2000-UURollup-v10d-x86-ENU - Hotfix integration failed. Verify that the architecture, language, and service pack level  of this service pack update are valid for the target distributon folder. Please report if this is unexpected."

So, now what?

UberGeek451

UberGeek451

• 17 posts

Greetings and many thanks for the fine work here.

Can anyone provide help on troubleshooting onboard sound issues with UUR v11?

I have 3 Windows multiboot systems on my network, a P4 laptop, a Core 2 Duo laptop, and a Core 2 Duo desktop. Each run XP, the latest Win2k UUR v11d, and other OS versions. The older P4 has sound but I can not get sound to work on either of the onboard sound cards in Core 2 Duo machines, however, both work fine in XP.

The P4 doesn't use a High Definition Audio chipset or UAA and the sound works fine.

The Core 2 Duo laptop uses SigmaTel High Definition Audio and was incrementally updated from UUR V10 to V11d.

The Core 2 Duo desktop uses SoundMAX High Definition Audio and I recently used Tomasz86's HFSLIP program to install UUR V11 and then update to V11d.

I've tried all the usual fixes but nothing seems to work. Both the SigmaTel and SoundMAX drivers support W2k & XP and both install without any noticable errors but on reboot sound will not function.....no yellow bombs, setupapi.log errors, or other useful clues. The usual speaker icons are missing in both startup trays. After logon a popup window appears with the message "The SoundMAX audio driver did not load. You may need to reinstall SoundMAX". Later the SoundMAX tray icon is visable with a red cross and the message "No SoundMAX audio present".

My only guess is that the UAA driver or a dll is not compatible but all the version numbers and file sizes seem to match up.

Everything else is working beautifully but this is drivin me nuts.

Windows 2000 has always been my favorite OS so any suggestions would be helpful.

bluebolt

bluebolt

• Pip
  • 51 posts

GCan anyone provide help on troubleshooting onboard sound issues with UUR v11?

Have you had the chance to review posts 650-656 on this thread?  That starts on page 26 of this topic.  Hopefully there's some useful information there, sorry I can't be of more help.

Edited by bluebolt, 07 July 2014 - 06:29 PM.

UberGeek451

UberGeek451

• 17 posts

bluebolt

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I had read the post before and afterwards attempted three repairs based on this info, however on a second reading I saw some comments I may have completely misunderstood.

The post began with a graphics card installation which I realized can sometimes cause audio issues. Therefore my first repair was to confirm the onboard video chip had no audio functionality and to make sure, I uninstalled each device and used the preferred reinstall sequence Chipsets - UAA - Audio - and lastly video.

The second repair was to re-register the files by running regsvr32 commands on all the exe's and dll's.

After reinstalling the sound drivers, the third repair attempt was to simply reinstall the most recent v11 daily (Jan 2014) which I have used and genuinely enjoyed for months. Unfortunately nothing changed.

Now I'm confused.... It looks like part 3 should have been to uninstall Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20140103-x86-ENU, migrate back to the older  v11 weekly, reinstall and test for functional sound, then install v11 daily (Jan 2014).

BTW, I posted this question as a topic in the main Windows 2000 forum: http://www.msfn.org/...ures-win2k-uur/ and don't want to be guilty of double posting. No answers as of yet but I did post a crude solution today which temporarily fixed the problem on one of the PC's..

Edited by UberGeek451, 09 July 2014 - 11:37 PM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts

It's been long time since the last posting. I'm really sorry for not being able to spend as much time as I'd like to on this project :( I've finally managed to prepare a new version of my website.

You can check the new version under

http://windows2000.tk/new

Most important changes:

• Huge update to the Updates Lists. It's been reorganised - the number of lists have been reduced, additional details for several updates have been added, invalid information has been corrected. I've added a few new updates (including the newest cumulative time zone update from August 2014). I have also decided to remove all unofficial updates from the lists. I'm still interested in unofficial updates for Windows 2000 but there were just too many updates to maintain. I'm going to offer the unofficial files later in a much better package (just in case - you can find the majority of the old unofficial updates in the download Archive in Windows2000/Unofficial/Experimental). You should check the changelog under http://windows2000.tk/new/updates for a full list of changes to the Updates Lists.
  • General visual overhaul. While I'm not a fan of useless bells and whistles, I do think that a website should look decent, and the old layout definitely wasn't the prettiest in the world. I hope the new one is better and more usable. In short - the fonts are now bigger, the colour scheme should provide better readability and everything should be easier to browse in general. The website should also be much more accessible - keyboard and touch navigation has been vastly improved (before a lot of information was available only on mouse hover) and icons used in the Updates Lists are actual images now (not background images inserted through CSS like before).
  • Better performance. The site should actually perform better than before because I got rid of jQuery and cleaned the HTML greatly. At the moment there is only one tiny JavaScript used for smooth scrolling (helps a lot when jumping through the Updates Lists) and nothing more. I could make it load even faster by combining the images into sprites, etc. but this would only hurt semantics and accessibility so I'm not going to do it.

That's it for now. I'm planning to leave the new version this way for 1-2 weeks and then, if everything is all right, replace the current one with it. Please let me know if you think there's something you think I should improve :)

• Tommy likes this
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

bluebolt

bluebolt

• Pip
  • 51 posts

My initial impression looking over the new site this morning is that I really like the look of it, and it is organized well.  The arrangement's logical, readable, and mercifully free of clutter -- well-suited to its Windows 2000 subject matter.

I look forward to checking it out more extensively.  Thanks, tomasz86, looks great.  Nice and clean.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
Thank you for the comments, and I'm glad that you like it!

Some content is still missing (specifically the full changelog for the Updates Lists) but I'm going to add it as soon as possible. There are also some issues in the Android AOSP browser and Internet Explorer. Especially in IE8 there's a nasty bug where the browser goes into the compatibility view when you click on that Arabic text.

I should probably mention it somewhere on the site, but you can view details of each icon used on the Updates Lists such as hotfix, Server only or country flags icons. The details will pop up either on mouse hover, when navigating using the TAB key or when clicking/tapping on each of the icons.

Oh, and please let me know if there are either any language mistakes on the site or if there's anything unclear that could be written better.

Edited by tomasz86, 17 August 2014 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN