Java 6 Update 32 fails to install...

Feb 01 2013 Java 6 Update 39 is released.

@bwc.. will there be an update available on the livedoor blog?

thanks brother

Apparently the last patch for Java 6 will be released on 19th February, so I am presuming that there might be one more patch still to follow after update 39?

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9234900/Oracle_to_stop_patching_Java_6_in_February_2013?taxonomyId=208&pageNumber=1

thanks brother

Apparently the last patch for Java 6 will be released on 19th February, so I am presuming that there might be one more patch still to follow after update 39?

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9234900/Oracle_to_stop_patching_Java_6_in_February_2013?taxonomyId=208&pageNumber=1

@conductor71.. That is good to know. I guess at some point soon I (and others) will be investigating to install Java 7 on win2k.

@blackwingcat.. Is there available a "W2K Java 7 installer" similar to the one you created for Java 6? or will Java 7 only be able to be installed when using an extended kernel?

@bwc, tomasz

I have not researched yet the Java 7 requirements, but I am sure there are many around (like me) that do not really have the need for full blown extended kernel and who can get away with just using a few wrappers here or there.

anyway.. thanks for any info you can supply.

If you install Java 7 in your PC, When Java shows any Dialog, Java process stop with unknown reason as same as Google Chrome JavaScript Dialog.

So I would not want to install Java 7 to Windows 2000.

I think that We have to resolve the problem ato first :}

@blackwingcat.. Is there available a "W2K Java 7 installer" similar to the one you created for Java 6? or will Java 7 only be able to be installed when using an extended kernel?

If you install Java 7 in your PC, When Java shows any Dialog, Java process stop with unknown reason as same as Google Chrome JavaScript Dialog.

So I would not want to install Java 7 to Windows 2000.

I think that We have to resolve the problem ato first :}

I read that Java 7 breaks Java 6 compatibility.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/31/java_security_update/

• 3 weeks later...

I released it. :)

thanks brother

Feb 19 2013 Java 6 Update 41 is released.

Just a heads up bwc.. will the livedoor blog page be updated?

and again thank you for your efforts.

Yffffonz

@blackwingcat

I see that you have updated the blog.livedoor page for "JRE 6 update 41 for Windows 2000", but it gives an error "File not Found in List" and to Report the issue.

edit: the link now works... thanks

Thanks again.

P.S. I also see from Feb 14 the information about "Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.63", but on the blog.livedoor page the most recent version listed is "Adobe Flash 10.3.183.51 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 Feb.2013 "

Edited by Yffffonz

I think you can download from Legacy Windows Update till 19th Feb :)

P.S. I also see from Feb 14 the information about "Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.63", but on the blog.livedoor page the most recent version listed is "Adobe Flash 10.3.183.51 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 Feb.2013 "

It looks like that the bug 7166889 has been removed and GetSystemWow64DirectoryA will eventually not be removed in Java 6 as it is nearly End of Life. :(

And Java 6 Update 41 is going to be the last planned publicly released update. After this month is over, enterprises still running Java 6 will have to sign up for a contract with Oracle that will last through December 2016. Unfortunately, at that point, enterprises will be clearly out of luck.

Furthermore, Extended Support for Java 1.4.2 is coming after this month after which it will no longer be support at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you.

If you get it and you can provide me it , I will create patch for Windows 2000 :)

I am in the US. I will see if there is anything I can do to get a copy of Java 6 SE update 51.....

I will let you know if I have any luck

Edited by blackwingcat

• 3 weeks later...