Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Java 6 Update 32 fails to install...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
I released Java 6 update 37 for Windows 2000(you can also install it without extended kernel).
It is improved for Installation. :)

Edited by blackwingcat, 16 October 2012 - 07:56 PM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
BlackWingCat =^^=
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts
oh wow... thanks bwc.. i didn't even know u36 was out nevermind u37.. i will look on your site.

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
Hi.
http://www.oracle.co...ge-1836624.html
This update is critical.

oh wow... thanks bwc.. i didn't even know u36 was out nevermind u37.. i will look on your site.

BlackWingCat =^^=

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts

This update is critical.

yes. thanks for the heads up and the explanation of the double number increment. got the new version installed with no problems. anyone else on win2k should go to your blog page and d/l the u37 update.

ppgrainbow

ppgrainbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Do you have the English language version of the Java 6 Update 37 package that can be installed without the extended kernel or the UURollup? If so, let me know.

I'm testing Java 6 Update 37 in a Win2K VMware VM and it still fails to install! :realmad:

Edited by ppgrainbow, 17 October 2012 - 12:39 PM.

AVA Direct FX AM3+ specs: Zalman ZM Z9-U3 Black Mid-Tower case / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / AMD FX-4300 3.8 GHz quad-core processor / Fractal Design Integra R2 500W PSU/ Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler / Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB (WD1003FZEX) SATA III 7200 RPM / Lite-On iHas124 Black 24x DVD-RW / Sabrent CRW-UINB internal memory card w/USB 2.0 port (to be replaced soon) / 8 GB Crucual (2 x 4GB) Ballistix Sport PC3-12800 DDR3 RAM / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 520 MHz 1 GB GDDR3 / Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
I tested Windows 2000 English version which applied All Official Windows Update.(with out UUR and extendede kernel)
Of course You must install GDI+ and VC++2008runtime and .Net 2.0SP2 and roots update because JRE6 requires them.

Do you have the English language version of the Java 6 Update 37 package that can be installed without the extended kernel or the UURollup? If so, let me know.

I'm testing Java 6 Update 37 in a Win2K VMware VM and it still fails to install! :realmad:

BlackWingCat =^^=

ppgrainbow

ppgrainbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

I tested Windows 2000 English version which applied All Official Windows Update.(with out UUR and extendede kernel)
Of course You must install GDI+ and VC++2008runtime and .Net 2.0SP2 and roots update because JRE6 requires them.

Okay, in the stock Win2k VMware VM, I already have the GDI+, Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (both RTM and SP1) and .NET 2.0 SP2 installed already and still, Java 6 Update 37 would not install properly, complaining that regutils.dll is missing GetSystemWOW64DirectoryA couldn't be found in KERNEL32.DLL. :(

Keep in mind that Java 6 was compiled using Visual C++ 7.1 and not Visual C++ 2008.

I'm wondering if hex-editing out GetSystemWOW64DirectoryA or replacing the regutils.dll with the version from Java 6 Update 31 (file size: 278,528 bytes) will do the trick. I opened the EXE file using 7-Zip and it contains four files: zipper.exe, core.zip, regutils.dll and the zero-byte patchjre.exe. :whistle:

Simply replacing the regutils.dll with a older version was a no-go, because 7-zip threw up a error message, "Not implemented" and exits.

AVA Direct FX AM3+ specs: Zalman ZM Z9-U3 Black Mid-Tower case / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / AMD FX-4300 3.8 GHz quad-core processor / Fractal Design Integra R2 500W PSU/ Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler / Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB (WD1003FZEX) SATA III 7200 RPM / Lite-On iHas124 Black 24x DVD-RW / Sabrent CRW-UINB internal memory card w/USB 2.0 port (to be replaced soon) / 8 GB Crucual (2 x 4GB) Ballistix Sport PC3-12800 DDR3 RAM / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 520 MHz 1 GB GDDR3 / Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
Already has the regutils.dll existed in %Programfiles%Java\Jre6\ when you install ?
Plz delete completely previous version folder before try to install it.

Okay, in the stock Win2k VMware VM, I already have the GDI+, Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (both RTM and SP1) and .NET 2.0 SP2 installed already and still, Java 6 Update 37 would not install properly, complaining that regutils.dll is missing GetSystemWOW64DirectoryA couldn't be found in KERNEL32.DLL. :(

Keep in mind that Java 6 was compiled using Visual C++ 7.1 and not Visual C++ 2008.

I'm wondering if hex-editing out GetSystemWOW64DirectoryA or replacing the regutils.dll with the version from Java 6 Update 31 (file size: 278,528 bytes) will do the trick. I opened the EXE file using 7-Zip and it contains four files: zipper.exe, core.zip, regutils.dll and the zero-byte patchjre.exe. :whistle:

Simply replacing the regutils.dll with a older version was a no-go, because 7-zip threw up a error message, "Not implemented" and exits.

Edited by blackwingcat, 17 October 2012 - 10:48 PM.

BlackWingCat =^^=

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts
I can confirm that the Jre6u37W2K.exe available on bwc's blog site installs Java 6 Update 37 fine on win2k system SP4... updating from his Jre6u35W2K.. which was originally installed with Java 6 Update 31 directly from oracle.
If I remember correctly the original u35 update had to be run twice to work. I am not sure if that was because I had browser windows open or did not install it after a fresh reboot.

ppgrainbow

ppgrainbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I installed Java 6 in the C:\Java directory and not in the C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\ directory as the installer does it by default...so, I'm afraid that it's not there.

The problem here is that the installer in Java 6 Update 32 and above would not run correctly, because of the GetSystemWOW64Directory entry point is found regutils.dll.

Already has the regutils.dll existed in %Programfiles%Java\Jre6\ when you install ?

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
But the installer which I created is replaced the dll.
I think that the problem was resolved.

I installed Java 6 in the C:\Java directory and not in the C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\ directory as the installer does it by default...so, I'm afraid that it's not there.

The problem here is that the installer in Java 6 Update 32 and above would not run correctly, because of the GetSystemWOW64Directory entry point is found regutils.dll.

Edited by blackwingcat, 18 October 2012 - 05:27 PM.

BlackWingCat =^^=

ppgrainbow

ppgrainbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Thank you for telling me. However, the installer is in Japanese only. I was hoping that there is a English language version though. If there is, please let me know. :)

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
The installer detects system language.
If you use English environment installer select English, other one selected Japanese.
If you can't run installer in English.
extract it and run eninst.cmd manually.

Thank you for telling me. However, the installer is in Japanese only. I was hoping that there is a English language version though. If there is, please let me know. :)

BlackWingCat =^^=

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts
bwc's installer runs for me in english....

ppgrainbow

ppgrainbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Thank you for telling me. I'll check out the installer and run it when I have the time. :)

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts
Just a heads up for anyone interested.. blackwingcat has updated the java installer for 6u38

Java 6 Update 38 Installer for Windows 2000

thanks for that brother..

conductor71

conductor71
  • 5 posts

Just a heads up for anyone interested.. blackwingcat has updated the java installer for 6u38

Java 6 Update 38 Installer for Windows 2000

thanks for that brother..

Yes I managed to instal it without a problem, thanks. :thumbup

Wish I could say the same for Flash Player. Last year I had it working through something called the w2k wrapper but now the newer versions just won't instal with the wrapper. I just get the procedure entry point not found error message. So I have to switch over to my newer Windows 7 latop for most video content. :angry:

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts
@conductor71

was using the wrapper as well. it worked fine up to v11.2.202.235 for Firefox and v11.4.402.287 for IE. after that I had the same issues that you described.

blackwingcat has been releasing and updating a v10.3 installer for w2k. it seems that v10.3 has been continually updated by adobe.. it may be an option to investigate.

you can find bwc's installer page here: I made the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.3 installer [BM]

use google translate if necessary ;)

conductor71

conductor71
  • 5 posts
Thanks Yffffonz. I followed your link and have now managed to install BWC's January 2013 version of Flash 10.3.183.50. It is the first time in many months that I have had Flash working on my Win 2000 PC so I'm very happy, even though I've got the old picture stutter problem (it seems a lot of people have the same problem).

The only thing I would add is that it took me two attempts to get it installed properly. The second time I read the ReadMe file, but I have to admit that I found the ReadMe instructions a bit confusing. However, I realise that BWC doesn't have to do these things for us, so thanks anyway to BWC! :)

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
@conductor71, if you found the ReadMe confusing, but were able to get it to work, you might contribute to the community by posting an "improved" ReadMe so that others have better success.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts
Feb 01 2013 Java 6 Update 39 is released.

@bwc.. will there be an update available on the livedoor blog?

thanks brother

conductor71

conductor71
  • 5 posts

thanks brother

Apparently the last patch for Java 6 will be released on 19th February, so I am presuming that there might be one more patch still to follow after update 39?

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9234900/Oracle_to_stop_patching_Java_6_in_February_2013?taxonomyId=208&pageNumber=1

Yffffonz

Yffffonz

• 40 posts

thanks brother

Apparently the last patch for Java 6 will be released on 19th February, so I am presuming that there might be one more patch still to follow after update 39?

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9234900/Oracle_to_stop_patching_Java_6_in_February_2013?taxonomyId=208&pageNumber=1

@conductor71.. That is good to know. I guess at some point soon I (and others) will be investigating to install Java 7 on win2k.

@blackwingcat.. Is there available a "W2K Java 7 installer" similar to the one you created for Java 6? or will Java 7 only be able to be installed when using an extended kernel?

@bwc, tomasz
I have not researched yet the Java 7 requirements, but I am sure there are many around (like me) that do not really have the need for full blown extended kernel and who can get away with just using a few wrappers here or there.

anyway.. thanks for any info you can supply.

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
I released it. :)

thanks brother

BlackWingCat =^^=

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
If you install Java 7 in your PC, When Java shows any Dialog, Java process stop with unknown reason as same as Google Chrome JavaScript Dialog.
So I would not want to install Java 7 to Windows 2000.
I think that We have to resolve the problem ato first :}

@blackwingcat.. Is there available a "W2K Java 7 installer" similar to the one you created for Java 6? or will Java 7 only be able to be installed when using an extended kernel?

BlackWingCat =^^=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN