Create .bat file to run after windows install

Well you are free of course to do that, however I'd suggest that if you venture elsewhere for a solution you'd be advised to:

• Answer questions posed.
    which as yet you've failed to do here.
  • Tell the truth!
    which you've admitted failing to do here.

We are not going to provide you with every possible answer in the hope that one will suit you and your situation. It is your responsibility to provide sufficient information in order that we can tailor responses to suit, (otherwise we could just tell you to read the guides and forum since your solution is most definitely among them).

You feelin bad or something Yzöwl cause I didn't see none of that in his things.

He just repairs and builds PC's as I only do part time and they are generally XP or Win 7

He just trying to automate things a little.

People get their selves in trouble and if I have to I format and reinstall and generally I will install a free MSE cause it simply works on both and I know what to tell them if they call. They want to change it they more than welcome and I'll help them best I can with what they prefer but most PC user's don't understand Anykey. 40% of them will ask me to tell them how to change their startup to Facebook since it's going thing or either they know how. The rest don't care

I used to install Firefox on them and recommend they use that over IE because it's safer but 90% won't. They want to use what they know here in the US (IE) and feel ok with I guess. I use Maxthon now

Installing Flash is a no brainer, most the short movies are flash like on youtube and instead of waisting time walking some of these people through that I install it also for each browser i put in.

I'll also put on Adobe Reader so they can read the pdf's and I don't waste my time telling them what to do if they have to install it.

IMHO: These forums are bare these day's and sending people off is not a good thing

And only IE I save this whole page to .mht, such a good thing. Only browser will

@wazer

I finally worked out my SetACL where I can change the settings in the protected registry key's so now I can install silent and run it and set the key's back to where they should be.

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "RunOnceEx - Testing Applications" /f
REG ADD %KEY% /v Flags /t REG_DWORD /d "20" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /VE /D "Microsoft Security Essentials x64" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 101 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait D:\APPS\MS_SecurityEssentials_x64\mseinstall.exe /s /runwgacheck" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 102 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait D:\APPS\MS_SecurityEssentials_x64\SecurityEssentials64.cmd" /f

You feelin bad or something Yzöwl cause I didn't see none of that in his things.

I'm not interested in your reasoning behind installing rubbish software onto other peoples machines, suffice it to say that I will never agree to it. (most of my PC work has been based around removing unwanted pre-installed software and viruses from OEM's ill chosen anti-malware solutions).

That however is only a minor irritation, there are two main issues here:

1. The OP has provided no information whatsoever on which method they are using for installing Windows XP or for installing Windows 7 onto these machines for 50 year olds.
    (both completely different and only one of which is covered in this particular forum area)
  2. The batch file they are requesting help with indicates a poorly thought out system. Why go to the lengths of creating a single media which deploys both 64-bit and 32-bit. This means relying on the batch to make the software installation determination for you and having to manually rename a bunch of files so that each can be identified by the batch according to the bitness.
    (when you create installation media, there is no real benefit in integrating both 32-bit and 64-bit on that same media. It is extra work just to save on the cost of another blank DVD. You create 32-bit OS installation media complete with 32-bit software installations, (if you're happy to do this very frequently), then replicate the process with the 64-bit OS and 64-bit software. (Even Microsoft provide a separate disk for each).

People need to be mindful not to fall into the trap of spending more time creating and updating media than the time saved by using it!

<Edit />

I also notice that not once has the OP thanked any single contributor to this Topic for the pertinent responses they provided.

Edited by Yzöwl
See <Edit />

I'll just leave a note in here about Flash player... If you are installing Flash player on computers for sale or resale, and are operating as a business, you need to get a redist agreement from Adobe. I run into clients trying this all the time without said agreement.

http://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html

Its a CYA thing. ;)