Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

are you p***ed off a lop.com

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: many times have you been annoyed (18 member(s) have cast votes)

many times have you been annoyed

1. none (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. 1 (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. 2 (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. 3 (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. 5 (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

7. i love the toolbar (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

sven

sven

iPod therefore iHappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
i myself am p***ed off with this company. this is the second time its instaled and the second time their uninstaller doesn't work. with enough people, they might stop.

lop.com beware, it installes the toolbar when you go to the site...i think. or its some other download.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
Hmmm... And the link works? :)

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
uninstall ms java, im not sure if this is one of the ways their crap gets on your machine. Also install Spybot search and destroy and update its definitions, scan for problems and remove them, then run the built in tool and imunise your PC.

i havent had any lop.com invasions since. Pain in the neck to get rid of isnt it? Also check your PC for a file called "belt.exe" it doesent show in task manager, it always seems to turn up when lop does, and its a spyware trojan.

lop.coms tool never works, i wouldnt even trust it, edited registry, ran spybot and adaware (adaware couldnt find most of it too, convinced me to dump the proggy) i had to reboot several times and rescan/manually clean before i got rid of it all though.

jdeboeck

jdeboeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
That site doesnt bother me. I use the 'Security' tab in 'Internet Options'

It took me a while to enter a few hundred trusted sites. The internet zone is set to high-security (or at least all activeX disabled) while the trustedsites zone is set to medium-security. Sites like this go in restricted sites zone (high-security) just to be safe. Internet Security settings are built into my unattended install.

I am generally not bothered by toolbars or autoinstallers, a lot of popups are stopped as well (since high security disables javascript as well) and adaware usually only complains about some tracking cookies. All the sites I visit regularly work normal.

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
and doesent the pop up warning from IE about active X settings prevent scripts being run on this site and the page may not display correctly annoy the hell out of you? i put up wit it for a bit then got sick of it, especially when on most sites it didnt make a difference.. other than stopping the annoying adverts and spyware!

Visiting Ms site was just painfull, 6 or more active X warnings ever page. had to turn some of it back on, imunise in spybot stops the spyware that exploits those holes anyway.

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
That site doesn't even load for me... :)

sven

sven

iPod therefore iHappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
i know about the immunize thing, but i just re appeared. and i tried removing some stuff and it wouldn't work. even the **** uninstaller doesn't work. ill keep trying and p*** them off. if nothing works, ill do a system restore.

EDIT: do not do a system restore, it will just reinstall the program.

Edited by sven, 25 February 2004 - 09:33 PM.

techguy21801

techguy21801

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
yes it p***es me off, but so does all the other spyware, and toolbars that i have to remove from clients machines, spyware has become a way of life, and though i would like to beat the crap out of the people who use it to their advantage, theres really nothing that can ever be done to stop it completely, but just try to avoid places that put it on your pc, and use spyware removal progs, along with a popup stopper, and hope it all goes well.. :)

sven

sven

iPod therefore iHappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
do u know how to get rid of the ie toolbar? thats all i have left.

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
Adaware wont kill it.

Spybot search and destroy will. If you have to, run it in safe mode.

jdeboeck

jdeboeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
@fthrjack: yes I do see a lot of the activex error :) but not on my trusted sites... when I see the errors on sites like coolwwwsearch, searchcentral and this, I'm quite pleased to see it.

techguy21801

techguy21801

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
yeah do a spybot search in safe mode, and to try and repair IE, do a search for ie.inf, and when found right click on it then install wait for it to finish the file transfer. then reboot, it should repair it. good luck :)

Shotgun

Shotgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
Check this tool:

ToolbarCop

It a freeware tool to remove "custom" toolbars from IE. It does not work with IE 6 SP2 yet, but the author is working to provide support for it too.

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
Tip: create yourself a .hosts file and block as many banner advertsisements as possible. Many of them, such as some of the big ones on sites like cnn and gamspot etc, are basically iframes with activeX, Java and god knows what running in the page, Or block them using your router if you have one.

sven

sven

iPod therefore iHappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Tip: create yourself a .hosts file and block as many banner advertsisements as possible. Many of them, such as some of the big ones on sites like cnn and gamspot etc, are basically iframes with activeX, Java and god knows what running in the page, Or block them using your router if you have one.

already taken care of

and toolbar cop got rid of the tool bar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN