[RevoDriveX3] Is there any unofficial PCIe SSD XP driver out there?

lama

[RevoDriveX3] Is there any unofficial PCIe SSD XP driver out there?

Or is there a way to use Win7 driver on XP?

in 9x member's projects, I see KernelEx, is there something like this on XP that can allow access to the drive??? or a Patch?

The win7 driver might work for XP but TRIM won't work (as it has to be supported by the OS). As the OCZ revodrive is bootable, it should be emulated by bios and so i think it might work without specific driver (as any other ide/sata drive) but it might work like a raid/scsi/sas controller and then drivers may be required. And if you find a clear answer, i will be pretty interested. If i had one, i would be glad to test :)

• 4 months later...

Just to confirm Revodrive 3 drivers are based on storport.sys and as Storport doesn't exist in windows XP x86, it should need a windows XP Storport.sys port or a new driver (from OCZ) to make it work properly.

Just an update: i successfully installed a revodrive 3 x2 under XP x86 with ocz official drivers and storport.sys taken from windows 2003 SP2 (5.2.3790.3959). I looked for complicated means to finally try something very simple:

- i copied storport.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers of my windows XP install

- i was then able to install the official OCZ driver like any other driver.

The performance aren't that great so far with the benchmarks i ran ( faster than most sata ssd but not that far). I'll try the same benchmarks with other OS.