Scan disk won't copy needed files

leoliver

I just ran Windows scan-disk, with a nlite disc which includes the SP3 up-date. My original install disk is only SP1.

Anyways, "Event Viewer" showed that had many "failure to copy needed files" type error messages.

Here a few of them............... " Event Type: Information

Event Source: Windows File Protection

Event Category: None

Event ID: 64021

Date: 5/11/2012

Time: 5:04:01 PM

User: N/A

Computer: LEOLIVER

Description:

The system file c:\program files\movie maker\ could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x00000000 [The operation completed successfully.

]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.Event Type: Information

Event Source: Windows File Protection

Event Category: None

Event ID: 64021

Date: 5/11/2012

Time: 5:03:03 PM

User: N/A

Computer: LEOLIVER

Description:

The system file c:\windows\ime\imjp8_1\applets\ could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x00000000 [The operation completed successfully.

]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

Anyone know what is causing this problem ?

THANKS.

Your disk is technically not the same so won't work
Meaning... Slip the SP3 to it "manually" instead of using nLite for you purposes (nLite "alters" certain INF files.)

Note - Never tried your scenario before, so unsure if this would work if you "slipped" other "fixes" in. You might want to check "Last Session.INI" (hopefully on the nLited CD) for what you did.

Edited by submix8c

I just ran Windows scan-disk, with a nlite disc which includes the SP3 up-date. My original install disk is only SP1.

Anyways, "Event Viewer" showed that had many "failure to copy needed files" type error messages.

Anyone know what is causing this problem ?

What problem? I'm very confused I don't understand what you were trying to do. Did you think that running scandisk from an up to date nLited XP SP3 disc would somehow update your OS that only had SP1 installed? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. As Kel says, it just won't work. If that's not what you were trying to do, then what WERE you trying to do? If you were wanting to update your OS with SP3, then just install SP3. Then as submix8c implies, you should then install the rest of the current updates. The purpose of an up to date nLited disc is to do a CLEAN install, NOT to update an existing OS.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Let me clarify now that I am not replying on my "SMART" phone.

Scandsk is looking for the versions of files that rely on a list built from your ORIGINAL installation media.

You are NOT using those file so it will always fail.

Try a repair installation...