What wifi cards are compatible with 98SE?

Win98

I would like to know which wifi cards that you have that work good with windows 98. I have one that plugs inside the computer ( Having a brainfart, cant remember what the port is named) that is compatible with 98, but the utility doesnt let it connect to anything.

I have a USB one as well that is supposed to work on 98, but when you start the utility, it just makes the icon appear beside the clock on the taskbar, and wont open when you click on it. It worked fine on my windows 2000 computer, so i know it is a good card.

Anyways, Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Win98

Hello there I have two windows 98 computers with a wireless adsl connection. I searched first on the Internet what I could and which could work with my

adsl modem a speedtouch modem. I use two usb conceptronic adapters. I tried to install them with the cdrom but it did not work. Then I found out

that I had to use drivers of ralink. So I searched at the site of Ralink the drivers for windows 98, I installed them and it worked.

I am using currently Netgear WPN511 PC-Cards with my old 11-year-old Inspiron 7500 laptops, and D-Link DWL-AG530 PCI cards with my dual-core desktops. The D-Link card has a connector for an external antenna. Both cards work fine under Win98SE and WinXP.

A major problem will arise when I finally get Linux going on my computers, I will then need cards which work with/have drivers for all 3 operating systems. Ideally the card should have also drivers for Win7. Any suggestions?

Edited by Multibooter

Thanks for the suggestions.I might look into buying one of the cards that GreenPalmer listed above. Thanks!

MultiBooter, You listed one that you had on your "Dual core" desktops.. What motherboard and processor do you have?

I use an AirLink101 AP431W "Super G Multi-Functional Wireless Access Point" in AP Client (or Repeater) mode.

As an external "wifi modem", it connects to my pc via ethernet and can be moved around for best reception on a short or long cable.

It doesn't need drivers and has a local webpage for configuration.