Compatibility Avast under KernelEx + Windows 98 SE

QuantumGravity

I move my post from 15/05 on this forum to try to obtain new answers.

« Hello,

On an older system running Windows 98 SE, I use Avast antivirus 4.8.1368 with satisfaction.

(Previously, I used the Antivirus NOD32 2.7 from ESET for many years but the support of this software ended in January 2012 and the later versions are not compatible with W98 SE)

I want to know if later versions of Avast (5.x, 6.x, 7.x), compatible with OS from W2K, can run also on Windows 98 using KernelEx because it could be that the support of Avast 4.8 stops at the end of 2012 according with some informations.

Same question for later versions of NOD32 (3.x, 4.x, 5.x)

I consulted all the topics spent KernelEx on the MSFN forums but I have not found the desired answers (Avast not cited in the list of compatible applications with KernelEx)

Thank you in advance to experts in KernelEx holding information about this or who have experience with Avast with KernelEx and Windows 98, let me share their knowledge.

Cordially »

QuantumGravity

I'm not clear why you believe that repeating the exact same post here from a different thread http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/156746-compatibility-avast-under-kernelex-windows-98-se/ will get you any different answers. But good luck!

Cheers and Regards

Note: If other regulars are like me, they use the link http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active which shows the threads that have had activity during a period of time, from 24 hours up to a year, There is also an indication whether there are posts in that thread which you have not read since you last looked at that thread. So while it is important to put your posts in the correct thread for organizational reasons, using that link the regulars will see your post no matter where it is and will just get irritated at the duplicate entries.