Get WAIK Tools w/o downloading the huge ISO's

JFX

Thanks Homes32,

it seems to work, but I only receive the first 8KB of Neutral.cab.

And then get: "This handle value has been terminated."

cheers.gif

sorry about that. I forgot to set the number of bytes to read. (default is 8KB)

fixed and updated original post.

as a nice effect now you should be able to use $aNumberOfBytesToRead[2] and $aNumberOfBytesToRead[1] to calculate download progress! :)

Regards,

Homes32

Edited by Homes32

updated with fancy new progress demo!

this is fun! :)

Works well, thanks for the code :)

JFX, In GetWaikTools the files F1_imagex, ... are not renamed or overwritten at the second pass.

That's great work :thumbup Thanks!

I have integrated your code, cURL.exe is no longer needed but can be copied next to the tool, to be used.

@Chris

Thanks for the report, should be fixed now.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

That's great work :thumbup Thanks!

I have integrated your code, cURL.exe is no longer needed but can be copied next to the tool, to be used.

@Chris

Thanks for the report, should be fixed now.

cheers.gif

Hi JFX,

Looking good! :)

I updated my post above to include some important fixes for the data stream reading to be more reliable and so the number of bytes read gets reported correctly. previously it was possible to get a finished percentage of over 100%. also added better detection of incorrect range inputs and byte ranges for the 6 Win8 cabs. I noticed that these didn't have the same download GUI as the others so I figured you were downloading them different. this way you can download everything with the same functions/GUI and provide a consistent user experience. (you could also use InetGetSize() to calculate automatically but I have found its not always reliable)

Something to consider is you may want to add a switch to use cURL instead of just looking to see if it's in the folder.

I say this because in the case of winbuilder projects its possible that if this tool is extracted to %Tools% and cURL.exe exists there for some other process the user may experience unexpected/unwanted results.

Excellent work. always a pleasure working with you!

Homes32

@Homes32

Thanks, looks much better now. :)

Added more command line options, see: GetWaikTools -?

can you update it for the Win 8 RP ADK?

Already done.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

JFX, this is a really good tool, but I am wondering if the actual WinPE image files could be DLed. The whole PETools folder is almost 1 GB, so maybe options for the various sub folders. Is this possible, doable and legal? When I encourage people to use WinPE, the requirement to DL and install WAIK seems to a significant roadblock. Thanks and enjoy, John.