Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

JFX

Get WAIK Tools w/o downloading the huge ISO's

click-click    1
On 6/13/2017 at 5:13 PM, JFX said:

Have added command line support for range downloads.

GWT -range:8808448-9236127 -out:"X:\bootmgr" -title:"Download Win8.1 Bootmgr" -link:/download/B/9/9/B999286E-0A47-406D-8B3D-5B5AD7373A4A/9600.16384.WINBLUE_RTM.130821-1623_X86FRE_ENTERPRISE_EVAL_EN-US-IRM_CENA_X86FREE_EN-US_DV5.ISO

GetWaikTools.zip

The exe file sizes  from this link are much smaller than the ones downloaded using the link on page 1. Are these the same versions compiled differently?

Tripredacus    286

64bit versions will be larger than 32bit versions. For example, the 32bit Imagex.exe from ADK 8.1 is 590KB and the 64bit version is 694KB.

But also note that the posts on Page 1 are from 5 years ago... 

JFX    67
On 9.10.2017 at 2:25 PM, click-click said:

The exe file sizes  from this link are much smaller than the ones downloaded using the link on page 1. Are these the same versions compiled differently?

I rewrote the tool a few times, File size was usually reduced a lot.

But now there is a new version 17.10 without upx wich bigger again.

click-click    1
On 10/12/2017 at 3:21 PM, JFX said:

Can this tool be used to get only the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT)) from the ADK?

I have a program (Lenovo Power Manager) that I want to install but it is blocked for W10, I understand it can be unblocked

with ACT, but I don't really want to install the ADK just to get this component. What would I need to enter using

GWT -range

Edited by click-click

JFX    67
click-click    1

Thanks.. I'm not sure what to do with the cab files. Will the msi know what to do with them?

I could not get the adksetup.exe to work for me. I only selected  Application Compatibility Tools and the download would always fail. I finally figured out that I needed  the 1607 version (10.1.14393 ) of the adksetup.exe for it to work.

Edit: I ran the msi from your link and that was enough for what I needed to do. I used the Compatability Adminstrator from the installed toolkit to unblock the Power Manager setup.exe so I could see if the app still works on W10 and it does.:cool:

Edited by click-click