I just installed Server 2012 RC (Datacenter) on a notebook. It seems pretty simple, although getting places is kinda annoying. Things I noticed so far:
- I was not able to change the computer name and join to a domain at the same time.
- I was not able to join to a domain (2008 R2 with 2008 functional level) unless I set a static IP. Every time I tried prior to that, I got a "can't find the domain" error, even though it prompted me for the domain credentials already.
- After adding to the domain, and adding the WDS role, I was able to add it to the main WDS (2008 R2). I presume since it was being managed by another server, changing some options caused an error.
- I added a boot image, and it was discoverable in the "F11" hack the primary WDS employs.
So far so good. Here is a neat picture:
Has anyone else played around with this yet?
Page 1 of 1
Server 2012 RC Experiences so far
Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:30 PM
I can not stand metro. For a home user it is fine however for bussinuss it is a waste of my time. I did run into issues with joining domains that I created with early versions of Windows Server. I have not explored server 2012 too much yet lol.
- ← I want to see in the next windows
- Microsoft Beta Discussion
- Microsoft Office 2013 Customer Preview →
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1