Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XP Prices on Amazon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BAH

BAH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 04-September 01
All,

CHeck out the the pricing, in nearly fell off my chair.

Amazon

Regards,

BAH

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Micropocalypse

Micropocalypse

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Joined 07-September 01
Just buy a microsoft active developer kit.

h*tp://www.microsoft.com/partner/businessdevelopment/salesresources/actionpack/
Posted Image
Read The Forum Rules

"Stop worrying about life on other planets, you haven't got one here."
Will this endless endlessness never end?

[I am a .sig virus. Please put me in your .sig so I can continue to replicate.]

ZsasZ

ZsasZ

Junior

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 19-September 01
:eek: :eek: :eek:

You would think for a company so concerned about piracy would not price thier product so high....

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
then they will blame the high price on piracy... yeah right thats an old one and its never convinced anybody FFS...:mad:

Rick

Rick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Here's the problem...I want to do the right thing and go buy the software but look at the rediculous prices. Most people in this world have a budget to live on and they simply can't pay those kinds of prices for every upgrade. This XP is a major upgrade, mind you, and think about the alternatives to M$'s OS? Not much there even though some will argue that Linux is great, it is not nearly as easy to use as windows and compatibility is an even bigger issue. I would feel for M$ if their top two guys didn't make over $60 billion per year! I believe in free enterprise and I see no problem if M$ kicks butt but they should respect what they have and come way down on their prices. You can't tell me that they need to charge that much because of research that has gone into developing the software or some bullcrap like that!

Just my take!

Rick
Welcome to MSFN!

Read the Forum Rules
Posted Image

ZsasZ

ZsasZ

Junior

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 19-September 01
It could be worse...

The Blackcomb video I saw suggested that it will go with the AOL approach... The OS will cost nothing (or next to nothing), but all the functionality will be subscription-based (I recall him metioning $0.75US a month to share calendars, for example....).

yg17

yg17
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 11-September 01
[quote:adb97fbf88="ZsasZ"]
It could be worse...

The Blackcomb video I saw suggested that it will go with the AOL approach... The OS will cost nothing (or next to nothing), but all the functionality will be subscription-based (I recall him metioning [quote:adb97fbf88][i:adb97fbf88]Originally posted by ZsasZ [/i:adb97fbf88]
[b:adb97fbf88]It could be worse...

The Blackcomb video I saw suggested that it will go with the AOL approach... The OS will cost nothing (or next to nothing), but all the functionality will be subscription-based (I recall him metioning $0.75US a month to share calendars, for example....). [/b:adb97fbf88][/quote:adb97fbf88].75US a month to share calendars, for example....). [/quote:adb97fbf88]

thats just bull. I would never pay-per-feature for ANY software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users