Integrate latest nVidia drivers?

SwedenXP

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Been away fore some time - but here I am again...

Question: Does anyone know if it is possibe to integrate the latest nVidia graphicdrivers (301.42) using nLite?

Earlier drivers work - but then something changed within their package - I think - and I could not get it to work.

So I am asking members here what their latest experience is?

Thanx in advance

SwedenXP (still using win xp pro) B)

Edited by SwedenXP

I know it's not an answer to your question, but why does having those particular drivers matter?

After a few weeks they will be out of date and any machine installed using that particular media will be out of date and will need updating anyhow. Surely for the creation of install media you only require working drivers for your particular hardware, the rest is a future preference for the end user!

Earlier drivers work - but then something changed within their package - I think - and I could not get it to work.
Not sure what you mean by that. The Drivers are in the Package as well as the nView software (Multiple Screen Support). There is a "Setup" program in the Root folder that should install anything/everything you need but you would have to Install via RunOnce after First Boot GUI (whatever...). I'm not sure about PhysX (see this). I also note that there's an HDAudio folder(?) and an Update folder.

It appears that this Package is to support the latest Cards. We don't know which card you have. I'm inclined to believe that you have one of the older cards of the series.

In folder "Display.Driver" are just the Drivers. The Package can be "unpacked" using WinRar, Universal Extractor, or 7-Zip.

...as Yzöwl said... but if you want to go ahead, just use the Drivers for basic functionality (no nView software, etc.)

301.42-desktop_contents.txt

Still... one might question how you integrated the v206.99 drivers. The oldest I could find that came close to what you "probably" have is Forceware v197.75 (all files in one folder). It would STILL require a separate operation to install nView, otherwise you STILL (AFAICT) get the "Basic driver" UNLESS you actually ran the Setup program somehow...

• 1 month later...

For the sake of argument, we wouldn't be here otherwise ;) it's possible to integrate nVidia Display Driver 301.42 with nLite, simply by adding a single driver in the driver section and pointing to nv4_disp.inf.

Did it on A8N-SLI Premium / Athlon 64 x2 4400+ / GT 220.

That method didn't worked with some recent version of the driver.

The inf called from winnt.sif method doesn't work either.

Only the driver gets installed by nLite, but the Control Panel (quite annoying not to have it), nView, Physix are not installed.

If someone could figure out a way to add the control panel unattendedly, I would be very pleased ;)

1 - Add JUST the Driver for Direct Integration

2 - Make a BAT/CMD to run the Full Package After First Full Boot (RunOnce) - you'll need the Silent switches

Just did the same method for an Integrated Sound Device (first the driver, THEN the Package to get the "mixer").

• 1 month later...

I can get it to integrate and install, but only after the operating system has been installed. Unfortunately these drivers are not installed the setup. All the other drivers are installed.

The key to the integration is to use the exact folders that contain the drivers.

These folders are named as follows: Display.Driver and HDAudio. These are the default drivers for the nvidia graphics driver.

If you use 7z and look in the file for example 301.42-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql.exe you will see those folders. Extract the files and keep the directory structure intact.

Use the following inf files when integrating the drivers into nlite; nv4_disp.inf for the display driver and nvhda.inf for the audio driver. If anyone else has had success of having these drivers installed during the installation phase it would be nice to know.