Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 2000 on a Acer Aspire One AO532h

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12
Hello everybody,

I'm here to submit my problem.

I have an Acer Aspire One 532h, with the Intel NM10 chipset and ICH7R SATA Controller (Intel® 82801GR), as Intel Chipset Identification Utility said.

I've tried to install my old OS, Windows 2000 Professional SP4, from my external DVD drive, but everytime I receive the 0x0000007B error (0xF6863848, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) and the setup cannot continue. I've tried to switch from AHCI mode to IDE mode using the BIOS, but i still receive the same error. There is a way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Agorima

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
Are you sure you can fully switch to the IDE mode? I'd just try to add SATA drivers for ICH7R (the official ones support Win2k; if you can't find a proper one then try BlackWingCat's unofficial drivers). You can use nLite to add drivers very easily.

How large is the HDD? If it's larger than ~160GB then you should enable 48-bit LBA.

Edited by tomasz86, 30 June 2012 - 05:24 AM.

Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

Are you sure you can fully switch to the IDE mode? I'd just try to add SATA drivers for ICH7R (the official ones support Win2k). You can use nLite to add drivers very easily.

How large is the HDD? If it's larger than ~160GB then you should enable 48-bit LBA.

I'm quite sure about the switch to the IDE mode. The setup of Windows XP SP3 works fine in IDE mode (and SATA, obviously :)).
My HDD is larger than 160 GB. It' s a Toshiba MK2555GSX, and it's 250 GB. How can I enable LBA in nLite?

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
You can't. You need to follow the instructions I gave link to above. It's pretty simple though :whistle: And I still strongly recommend integrating the SATA drivers.
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

You can't. You need to follow the instructions I gave link to above. It's pretty simple though :whistle: And I still strongly recommend integrating the SATA drivers.

Thanks :) I'll give a try in order to see if the problem is solved.

Edited by Agorima, 30 June 2012 - 05:51 AM.

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12
I've extracted the reg.exe to the Windows 2000 SP4 folder, outside i386 folder, and i made every command is written here

setlocal
set winsource=.\i386
attrib -r -a -s -h %winsource%\setupreg.hiv
reg load HKLM\Setup %winsource%\setupreg.hiv
set regkey=ControlSet001\Services\atapi\Parameters
reg add HKLM\Setup\%regkey% /v EnableBigLba /t reg_dword /d 00000001 /f
reg unload HKLM\Setup
set winsource=
set regkey=
endlocal

but, after nlited the build and burned the iso, after restart, i still receive the 0x0000007B error.

Before asking your help, I have integrated the drivers of the chipset, but I had no luck.
I'm doing something wrong? I want to see my beloved OS alive again. My old notebook died almost two years ago =(

Edited by Agorima, 30 June 2012 - 11:52 AM.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,282 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Nu-uh... you have to run that before nLite is run. The commands (as described) are within a CMD file that you must run first. The links given were the "how-to" to "alter" SETUPREG.HIV pre-nLite. (see post #37 of the link given).

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
As the BSOD still persists you should try to add the SATA drivers using nLite and set your controller to AHCI/RAID mode.
Posted Image

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

Nu-uh... you have to run that before nLite is run. The commands (as described) are within a CMD file that you must run first. The links given were the "how-to" to "alter" SETUPREG.HIV pre-nLite. (see post #37 of the link given).

I've done that before nLite, but I had no luck.

As the BSOD still persists you should try to add the SATA drivers using nLite and set your controller to AHCI/RAID mode.

Same as before. I tried to install Windows 2000 even from a USB key. I received the same error.

Is the motherboard too new to downgrade the system?

Edited by Agorima, 09 July 2012 - 08:08 AM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
I think you should try with a fully updated Win2k source.

I suspect that you're using an Italian system so the only "proper" way would be to download and slipstream all ITA/Global version of updates listed on bristols site. On the other hand, it will take a lot of time to prepare everything and you still don't know whether it's successful. Just for testing purposes I'd suggest following the "basic method" described on my website. What you should do is to integrate the English packages into your Italian Win2k source. Don't worry, everything will be fine except for the fact that most of the system will be English. By doing so you'll be able to check whether the problem lies in the source (you're using Win2k SP4... which dates back to 2003).

Here's a detailed instruction:

1. You only need to download HFSLIP together will all other tools listed in the Table 6 (except the ones for XP).
2. Download the newest version of UURollup (ENU) and Update Rollup 2 and place them in HFSLIP\HF directory.
3. Copy your Windows' source to HFSLIP\SOURCE.
4. Run HFSLIP (with default settings).
5. After it's finished run nLite on HFSLIP\SOURCESS and integrate Onepiece's Windows 2000 postSP4 Update Pack. At this point you can also integrate drivers and do all other changes in nLite.
6. Create ISO.

Posted Image

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

I think you should try with a fully updated Win2k source.

I suspect that you're using an Italian system so the only "proper" way would be to download and slipstream all ITA/Global version of updates listed on bristols site. On the other hand, it will take a lot of time to prepare everything and you still don't know whether it's successful. Just for testing purposes I'd suggest following the "basic method" described on my website. What you should do is to integrate the English packages into your Italian Win2k source. Don't worry, everything will be fine except for the fact that most of the system will be English. By doing so you'll be able to check whether the problem lies in the source (you're using Win2k SP4... which dates back to 2003).

Here's a detailed instruction:

1. You only need to download HFSLIP together will all other tools listed in the Table 6 (except the ones for XP).
2. Download the newest version of UURollup (ENU) and Update Rollup 2 and place them in HFSLIP\HF directory.
3. Copy your Windows' source to HFSLIP\SOURCE.
4. Run HFSLIP (with default settings).
5. After it's finished run nLite on HFSLIP\SOURCESS and integrate Onepiece's Windows 2000 postSP4 Update Pack. At this point you can also integrate drivers and do all other changes in nLite.
6. Create ISO.

Here I am again.

I've done yesterday everything, but I still get the same error.
But, when I've virtualized the iso on VirtualBox, it works fine using the Chipset PIIX3 under the System> Motherboard and the ICH6 emulation under Storage.
The problem seems to be the chipset Intel NM10 Express.
Is there a way to have that chipset working under Windows 2000?

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
You can take the HDD out of the notebook, connect it to an another computer and install Win2k on it there. After that you can put it back. Of course it would be the easiest if you used IDE mode.

It's a very unrecommended way but in fact works. I've practiced it myself :whistle: It's the third mainboard I'm using with the same system.

Edited by tomasz86, 10 July 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

You can take the HDD out of the notebook, connect it to an another computer and install Win2k on it there. After that you can put it back. Of course it would be the easiest if you used IDE mode.

It's a very unrecommended way but in fact works. I've practiced it myself :whistle: It's the third mainboard I'm using with the same system.

My computer isn't a notebook. It's a netbook. Anyway, I hope that I'll found a computer not too old to install Win 2K on the external HDD and not too new to get the errors.

Edited by Agorima, 10 July 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Guest_frankjohnson8_*

Guest_frankjohnson8_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --
Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

You're welcome. Is the problem solved?

Edited by Agorima, 15 July 2012 - 07:47 AM.

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

I've found a computer quite recent to install Windows 2K without getting that error, but, before doing this (since I have so many data on the hard drive), I have copied a Windows 2000 installation from an old computer and I have putted it on the partition D: of my hard drive, then I've edited the boot.ini.

When Win 2K is loading, it still gets the 0x0000007B error, but with a different code (0xF681B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Is there a solution about this error with a different code?

Edited by Agorima, 15 July 2012 - 05:48 AM.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,282 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Different chipsets between the two? If so, then you get the x7b.

Posted Image

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
I've successfully transferred the system on my computer between three different motherboards, each of them having a different chipset. I used the same SAS controller to which the system HDD was connected though. That's why I asked Agorima to use the IDE mode if the chipsets were different...

Did you use IDE mode in both cases? You should use IDE mode when installing the system on a different computer and then also use IDE mode in the netbook.

Edited by tomasz86, 15 July 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Posted Image

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

Different chipsets between the two? If so, then you get the x7b.

I'm beginning to hate my chipset.

I've successfully transferred the system on my computer between three different motherboards, each of them having a different chipset. I used the same SAS controller to which the system HDD was connected though. That's why I asked Agorima to use the IDE mode if the chipsets were different...

Did you use IDE mode in both cases? You should use IDE mode when installing the system on a different computer and then also use IDE mode in the netbook.

I didn't install Windows 2000 on my second partition. I've just copied and pasted the files of the system already installed on the old computer, that uses IDE mode (the motherboard is from 2001).
The error still exist in IDE mode, in my netbook. Probably the system don't have the drivers to use the hard disk controller, hence the different code of the error.
Definitely i must do what you have said five days ago.

What has been added/updated into the Service Pack 3 of Windows XP to works fine with the netbooks, even without the driver of the chipset/controller and in IDE mode? It's a mistery for me.

Edited by Agorima, 15 July 2012 - 10:34 AM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
The IDE driver should be the same in both cases unless you installed different IDE drivers in the old system. Does your old system use M$ default IDE drivers or 3rd party ones?
Posted Image

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

The IDE driver should be the same in both cases unless you installed different IDE drivers in the old system. Does your old system use M$ default IDE drivers or 3rd party ones?

If I remember correctly, the old system use the default IDE drivers.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
Are you 100% sure? It's important because in the past 3rd party IDE drivers provided by chipset manufacturers were pretty common.
Posted Image

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

Are you 100% sure? It's important because in the past 3rd party IDE drivers provided by chipset manufacturers were pretty common.

I don't have the computer turned on, so I'm not 100% sure. But I'm sure that I've done nothing special to install windows 2000.

Edited by Agorima, 15 July 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 30-June 12

I have checked now the old system. Under Device Manager, it shows three IDE controllers
"Primary Channel IDE"
"Secondary Channel IDE"
"Controller IDE Via Bus Master"

The files are, viewing the details of the last controller, "atapi.sys", "pciide.sys", "pciidex.sys".

What I must do?

Edited by Agorima, 17 July 2012 - 08:00 AM.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,282 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

"Controller IDE Via Bus Master"
What I must do?

This is the old system/Computer? It has Via IDE Drivers in it. You need Intel IDE Drivers.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN