Windows 2000 on a Acer Aspire One AO532h

In the log I can see that you UURollup was installed more than one time. For the first time the installation succeeded but in the second try the error occurs here:

c:\7509b54df6ec0ca8e71c1c1ff5ee\\reg.exe" LOAD "HKU\CUSTOM" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINNT\..\Default User\NTUSER.DAT
Return Code = 1

which is strange because it did work before.

1) Why is it "All Users.WINNT"? Did you install Windows on this partition more than once or are there two systems on the same partition?

2) Could you check if the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT" physically exist? It's hidden by default so you need to enable the "show hidden and system folders" option.

In the log I can see that you UURollup was installed more than one time. For the first time the installation succeeded but in the second try the error occurs here:

c:\7509b54df6ec0ca8e71c1c1ff5ee\\reg.exe" LOAD "HKU\CUSTOM" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINNT\..\Default User\NTUSER.DAT
Return Code = 1

which is strange because it did work before.

1) Why is it "All Users.WINNT"? Did you install Windows on this partition more than once or are there two systems on the same partition?

2) Could you check if the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT" physically exist? It's hidden by default so you need to enable the "show hidden and system folders" option.

As I said before, when I have changed the ACPI to "ACPI Multiprocessor" the system freezed, so I have installed again the system on the same partition. The "Default User" folder don't exist anymore. There is only the "Default User.WINNT" folder.

Edited by Agorima

Nonetheless, WHY did you install "UURollup" TWICE? Now you have "boogered" Profiles (that will need fixed - not a fun thing to do). And you did NOT initially say you had installed again (over the top, mind you) - you JUST said it!

Normal procedure to "Test" and "Get it to work" is start from scratch. Scientific method...

Edited by submix8c

Nonetheless, WHY did you install "UURollup" TWICE? Now you have "boogered" Profiles (that will need fixed - not a fun thing to do). And you did NOT initially say you had installed again (over the top, mind you) - you JUST said it!

Normal procedure to "Test" and "Get it to work" is start from scratch. Scientific method...

But I said that "I had to do all the procedure again" before, when the system freezed.

When was "missing or corrupted" the "system" hive, I have copied the files from C:\Winnt\Repair to C:\Winnt\System32\config.

Maybe I must perform a new installation (it's possible from the HDD)

Edited by Agorima

The system is definitely NOT in a normal condition... You can still install UURollup but in order to do so you should:

1) Unpack it.

2) Open update\update.inf

3) Disable (add ";" at the beginning) this line:

RegCondition = 32BPP.Reg.Install.Condition

4) Run update.exe

The system is definitely NOT in a normal condition... You can still install UURollup but in order to do so you should:

1) Unpack it.

2) Open update\update.inf

3) Disable (add ";" at the beginning) this line:

RegCondition = 32BPP.Reg.Install.Condition

4) Run update.exe

Now it's installed :) Thanks :)

Edited by Agorima

No problem :)

The bug will be fixed in the next version. It's related with the 32-bit icon support and the 32-bit icon support is to be removed in the next stable release of UURollup. This particular setting has been problematic from the very beginning anyway (and now I can say that it's a very good example why using fixed names should be avoided).

No problem :)

The bug will be fixed in the next version. It's related with the 32-bit icon support and the 32-bit icon support is to be removed in the next stable release of UURollup. This particular setting has been problematic from the very beginning anyway (and now I can say that it's a very good example why using fixed names should be avoided).

I don't mind to use the 32-bit colours. The 16-bit colours are ok for everything and are suitable for every Windows :)

Until at least friday, I won't touch my computer. This is the hottest week of this summer (40° C in Sicily) and so I'll wait before doing what I'm thinking to do:

I will Integrate chipset drivers (and the others) into the Windows 2000 folder, in order to avoid the 0x0000007b error, I'll EnableBigLba, and then I'll install Windows 2000 in D:, in AHCI mode and probably in normal ACPI, although I have upgraded the "Insyde H2O" bios to the version 1.26 from previous 1.21;

Then I'll install Windows Xp into C: in AHCI mode

Yes, I'll switch the positions of the systems :)

I won't use the desired system as primary OS until every problem will be solved.

When I'll switch the OSes successfully, we'll dedicate the time to resolve the problems.

In the meantime, enjoy my video, which includes the eurodance sounds :)

Edited by Agorima

You don't need to do anything with EnableBigLba if you integrate USP5.1 into the source (it's switched on by default in it). You may find this topic interesting if you want to integrate drivers.

http://depositfiles.com/files/vvcvgigt7

This is the readme of the chipset

This is the Windows 2000 section of the readme. Something included in this section is incomprehensible for me.

What is the <INF Extract Directory>?

* 8A. INSTALLING THE WINDOWS* 2000 INF FILES PRIOR TO

* OS INSTALLATION

NOTE: The Windows* 2000 OEM Preload Kit distribution CD contains a setup directory with all the base operating system setup files and installation programs (WINNT.EXE and WINNT32.EXE).

The name of the directory may vary depending on the distribution CD (e.g., \I386\).

1. Create the following directory structure under the <WIN2000 Setup Directory>:

\$OEM$\$$\INF

2. Copy the Windows* 2000 INF files from <INF Extract Directory>\XXXX\All to the directory created in Step 1 above:

<WIN2000 Setup Directory>\$OEM$\$$\INF

NOTE: XXXX is the directory name for the chipset of interest. Refer to Section 8 for more details.

3. Create the following directory structure under the <WIN2000 Setup Directory>:

\$OEM$\$1\drivers\IntelINF

4. Copy the Windows* 2000 INF files and the catalog files (.CAT) from <INF Extract Directory>\XXXX\All to the directory created in Step 4 above:

<WIN2000 Setup Directory>\$OEM$\$1\drivers\IntelINF

NOTE: XXXX is the directory name for the chipset of interest. Refer to Section 8 for more details.

5. Either modify the default Windows* 2000 installation answer file, UNATTEND.TXT, located in <All Setup Directory>, or create a customized answer file. The answer file must include the following information:

[unattended]

OemPreinstall = Yes

OemPnPDriversPath="drivers\IntelINF"

A sample answer file for preloading the Intel® Chipset Device Software files is available at:

<INF Extract Directory>\XXXX\All\INFAnswr.TXT

For more information about Windows* 2000 answer files and unattended installations, please refer to the Microsoft* Windows* 2000 Guide to Unattended Setup.

If you are a computer manufacturer, refer to the Microsoft Windows* 2000 OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) User Guide for more information about the \$OEM$ folder.

Otherwise, refer to the Microsoft Windows* 2000 Deployment Guide.

6. Run "WINNT.EXE /u:<answer file name> /s:<WIN2000 Setup

Directory>" to install Windows* 2000

Edited by Agorima

Yesterday, instead of switching the systems, I installed Windows 2000 again on C:, starting the installation from Windows XP, because the system was compromised after changing the ACPI to "ACPI Multiprocessor" in Device Manager.

The solution to start the installation of Windows 2000 from XP was simple. I have just substituted the 2K's winnt32.exe with XP's winnt32.exe.

After the installation I was searching a solution for the problem of the Internet connection.

And I have found this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318584

Now the Internet works fine :) I'm writing from Windows 2000 using the Atheros wireless adapter :)

The only big problem left, aside the IDE mode, is the ACPI. Now it's simply Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (PC).

Since this entry must be left untouched

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

I must use another entries like this, right?

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (ACPI Multiprocessor)" /fastdetect /hal=halaacpi.dll /kernel=ntkrnlmp.exe

Edited by Agorima

The solution to start the installation of Windows 2000 from XP was simple. I have just substituted the 2K's winnt32.exe with XP's winnt32.exe.

That's a nice solution.

The only big problem left, aside the IDE mode, is the ACPI.

Now it's simply Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (PC).

Did windows setup select this? Or did you manually select hal?

Remember, there is no manufacturer Windows 2000 AHCI driver.

I must use another entries like this, right?

Which CPU do you use?

That's a nice solution.

That's good for me. If I knew before asking the help of the MSFN community, I could save a lot of time.

Did windows setup select this? Or did you manually select hal?

Remember, there is no manufacturer Windows 2000 AHCI driver.

The Hal was selected manually because the Windows 2000 setup selects automatically "ACPI uniprocessor" and simply freezes.

The IDE mode isn't really a big deal. In Windows XP the IDE mode was a bit slower than the AHCI mode.

Which CPU do you use?

My CPU is an Intel Atom N450

http://ark.intel.com/products/42503/

Edited by Agorima