HUH???? Have you been trying to Install From a Bootable External USB????
1 - you're not providing clear, concise information - we've had to "drag" it out of you
2 - you are not following instructions TO THE LETTER!
Here I am again. Let me explain everything once for all, since my defect is what you said on the point 1.
1. I have an Acer Aspire One 532h, with the Intel NM10 chipset and ICH7R SATA Controller (Intel® 82801GR).
2. I have also an external DVD drive, which use a USB port. It' s compatible with Win 2K SP4, since I buyed it 5 years ago.
3. Everytime I try to install Windows 2000 from the external DVD drive i get the 0x0000007B error (0xF6863848, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000), therefore an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, before the "Windows 2000 Professional Setup" screen. The same error appears even when i switch from AHCI to IDE mode and when I use a Usb key.
4. The same error doesn't appear on the setup Windows XP SP3, both from USB key and from external DVD drive, when I use the IDE mode from Bios. Now I think that XP have an updated Mshdc.inf and Mshdc.sys that Windows 2000 don't have.
5. I have tried to use the official drivers of the controller of the HDD, that supports Win 2000. I had no luck.
6. I have followed the instructions TO THE LETTER to enable the LBA. Same as before.
7. I have integrated all the updates, following again the instructions to the letter. Same as before.
8. The Iso updated worked fine on VirtualBox using the Chipset PIIX3 (Not ICH9!) under the System> Motherboard and the ICH6 emulation under Storage.
So tomasz86 said to me to take the HDD out of the computer, that is a netbook, connect it to an another computer and install Win2k on it there. And then I can put it back.
9. I have found a computer quite recent (about 2010) to install Windows 2000, that use an Intel Pentium processor, but, since I have so many data, and before doing that big step, I have copied a Windows 2000 installation from an old computer that mounts an AMD Athlon XP 1700+, I have putted it on the partition D: of my hard drive and then I've edited the boot.ini, but I could not copy the files "default", "software", "sam", "security" and "system" from the old computer, so I used the default files (I don't remember where I found them)
The error of INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE appeared again, but with a different code (0xF681B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
10. The old computer, under Device Manager, shows three IDE controllers:
"Primary Channel IDE"
"Secondary Channel IDE"
"Controller IDE Via Bus Master"
The files are, viewing the details of the last controller, "atapi.sys", "pciide.sys", "pciidex.sys".
11. I didn't uninstalled the third controller that I said just before. I have selected the "PCI Ide controller" although I have seen that I cannot copy that five files which contain the System Registry.
12. I didn't set yet the generic HardwareID PCI\CC_0101. I'm waiting the night, or the early morning, to use the monitor of the desktop pc, since my brother needs it.
13. I hope that adding \pci#cc_0101 settings at old system can help me to move the five untouchable files. Otherwise, I'll follow the advice of tomasz86.
I hope it's all clear for everybody.
Edited by Agorima, 18 July 2012 - 02:14 PM.