Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 2000 on a Acer Aspire One AO532h

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
Usbvideo.sys from XP will not work in 2K. There are unfixed dependencies related to ntoskrnl.exe (use Dependency Walker to check it yourself).
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

AnX

AnX

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

I have tried to boot with SATA mode enabled, and Windows 2000 worked fine with the Intel Chipset Drivers provided by Acer, which are almost identical to unofficial blackwingcat's drivers.

But after loading the system, it asked for the drivers of the controller, and I didn't have the Chipsets drivers handy, so I used the "Intel SATA AHCI Drivers" provided by Acer, which they are for XP.
The system failed to boot with the first error mentioned on my first post, so I have loaded it with the Last Known Good Configuration.

After another reboot, the system showed the "c:\winnt\system32\config\system is missing or corrupted" message.
Fortunately, I have Windows XP on D: so I could repair the system, although I must do again all the procedure. But for now I want only to rest my mind.

I spent so many time in this project and I am tired. The last day was very intensive for my mind.

Although the network adapters and the webcam aren't a big deal, the lack for the audio drivers and the hyper-threading is.
The official Realtek's drivers didn't work. Maybe the problem is inside the chipset's drivers.

P.S. The "ACPI Uniprocessor" of the original system works on the system repaired :)

The N450 is a Single core with HT, not a dual core. So it's not a real problem.

PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 (3.5-4Ghz, 8-core, Vishera, 16MB of Cache) -H212 Evo, 8GB of DDR3-1600MHz HyperX, 500GB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12II 620 Watt PSU, Cooler master HAF 912 Combat Mid-Tower Case, AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard, DVD+-RW Writer, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

50308.png

49128.gif

AnX

AnX

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
I've done some research. It has to do with your InsydeH20 BIOS.
This BIOS expects Intel SpeedStep driver loaded with the CPU driver for dual core or HT support. Win2K doesn't have Speedstep built in. Try and install a speedstep driver and then see if you can enable both cores.

PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 (3.5-4Ghz, 8-core, Vishera, 16MB of Cache) -H212 Evo, 8GB of DDR3-1600MHz HyperX, 500GB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12II 620 Watt PSU, Cooler master HAF 912 Combat Mid-Tower Case, AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard, DVD+-RW Writer, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

50308.png

49128.gif

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

I've done some research. It has to do with your InsydeH20 BIOS.
This BIOS expects Intel SpeedStep driver loaded with the CPU driver for dual core or HT support. Win2K doesn't have Speedstep built in. Try and install a speedstep driver and then see if you can enable both cores.

I'm still using this netbook.
Is it possible to integrate the Speedstep drivers with nLite?

Edited by Agorima, 27 April 2013 - 07:41 AM.

AnX

AnX

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
You could try, but the biggest problem is that it never loads the drivers in kernel mode. Meaning that getting the HT to work is pointless.

50308.png

49128.gif

Agorima

Agorima

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

After ages of time (better late than never, though), I have installed a modded BIOS in my netbook, with the same id, "NAV50" and the same version (v. 1.26), and seems that with this modded bios I can turn off Speedstep to overcome the lack of this technology inside Windows 2000 to install it.

http://www.flickr.co...54465/lightbox/

Am I right?

Edit: Still hangs when disabling Geyserville.

I will stay in XP.

Edited by Agorima, 30 December 2013 - 06:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN