Boards this BIOS update relates to:
- Intel® Desktop Board D2500HN
- Intel® Desktop Board D2700DC
- Intel® Desktop Board D2700MUD
0071 release notes only show this as a change:
Fixed security check issue.
- Normal version, can PXE boot.
- Board reports Arch 6 to PXE Server (on Server 2008 R2, this is in the Deployment-Services-Diagnostics event log)
- PXE response times out, resulting in executing Abort PXE command on the client.
- Keyboard does not work (F11 or F12) after downloading the boot rom from the PXE server.
- Both PS2 and USB keyboards tested
- Can PXE boot if set WDS to boot all known and unknown clients without requiring F12 to be pressed.
- Board reports Arch 0 to PXE Server (see above for location)
Changing the PXE boot response on the server to auto boot proved that the Abort was due to a time-out in the PXE process, due to the keyboard not working. The keyboard does work at other times, can go into BIOS, can get boot menu, can reboot after the abort with the "any key" or Ctrl+Alt+Delete so it isn't a 100% keyboard failure.
And obvious Intel changes more than "security check issue" between versions if the Arch value is different!
So just a heads up that you probably should use version 0071.