The Imposible to remove Windows Security Warning

After five or six hours of total frustration I decided that I cant find the answear and I have to go to bed.

My problem is that when I try to Copy or Paste something from a shared folder using drag and drop I get the "Windows Security Warning: Are you sure you want to copy or move files to this folder"

I have put the shares in local Intranet -> Advanced -> Sites and I have Unticked the "Automatically detect intanet network" and ticked the rest. If I use Right-Click copy then paste, No warning, if I use Ctrl +C and V no warning. its just dosent like drag and drop.

I also tried putting the address of the share in the Trusted Sites but that didnt work.

I also saw in one of ms's sites that I should add a ( * ) to the end of the address "file:\\192.168.1.50*" It then game me an warning about the address already being set in the Internet Zone, clicked ok and that didnt work ither.

There was mention about a hotfix on ms's site but it didnt manage to download it (cant remember the kb) :-(

I dont want to use any third party software because im setting it up for a netcafe.

Apparently a person here My link found a solution, but the blog that the link if pointed to dosent really exist :-(

There must be a solution, this is driving me insane!!!

Also this is my first post here and im glad to find a forum with a part dedicated to Windows XP x64 :-)

Not helpful mate, I would have appreciated you taking the p*** if it was actually constructive.

Did you even bother to read the post? Do you thing I havent heard about Google? do you think that my entire browser history dosent consist of entries of Google about my problem?

I posted because it is an unusual problem that, well, should not occur, and im sorry if I assumed that such a question would be welcome, clearly I was wrong. :-/

First, that was a rather rude reply to a respected member.

Second, what IE are you using? Explorer an IExplorer are intertwined, you know...

Edit - and last but not least, I believe the XP 64-bit is based upon Server 2003, so that may be part of the problem there.

I found another (potential) setting -

check your settings for "Drag and drop or copy and paste files" in the security settings for the zone.
Mine is set to "Enable" - are yours set to "Prompt"?

edit2 - BTW, that website link does exist - just accessed it in FireFox. ;) And it is a reference to IE7. Better check ALL of your Security Settings... :lol:

(note - I have NoScript installed as well - the link attempts a "redirect" which I did not allow temporarily. The Redirect takes you away from that page. :w00t: )

Edited by submix8c

Yes I have heard of Windows XP x64 being based on the Server 2003 and its IE8. And a just Google it response seems quite insulting. Though after visiting the site I posted I did notice that it was referring to a different problem, sorry about that, but Googling something completely different to what I need is, pointless really.

Anyway I found the answer, in this site :-) here Link

It want these registry entries that did the magic.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\4]

@=""

"180B"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\4]

@=""

"180B"=dword:00000000

Also

"Drag and drop or copy and paste files" is Enabled

"Access data sources across domains" is Enabled (not sure about this one but it poped up in a couple of forums)

And it doesn't seem to mind if the address put in the Local Intranet -> Sites is in the Server name or Ip address. (There was a mention of that being an issue)

:-)

Edited by Willaraz

You mean THIS SITE??? :w00t: How interesting! Now it's been logged here in two places! Even better, now you can search posts for your MemberName to find it again in case you forget! ;)

Keep a cool head, dude! Long-time members will gladly help until you get "itchy" and you may be ignored afterward...

edit - isn't the "MSFN search facility" a wonderful thing?

edit2 - OMG! That's the "Restricted Zones"!!!

more on zone settings here -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569

and... the better (safer) solution appears to be further down in the link...

Edited by submix8c