Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

VB Scripting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Sophy

Sophy

Vista Home Premium SP2 / Avast Internet Security 5 / WinPatrol /

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
Probably around a year ago I had WeatherBug on my computer and then removed it. I am now wanting to put it back on. I downloaded the installer and when I tried to install I got a window stating that the WeatherBug installer requires VB scripting. I have attached a screenshot of that window.

My computer is working perfectly -- no problems at all. I ran sfc /scannow and it found no integrity errors. I opened an elevated command prompt and typed in regsvr32 vbscript.dll and it stated this had been successful, but I still can't install WeatherBug.

Can anyone help me with this? Is it possible this is some kind of glitch in WeatherBug itself and has nothing to do with my computer? I ask because in Googling I see there are quite a few entries but I didn't find any solutions other than the two things above -- or, at least no others that I could follow and understand.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

My computer is working perfectly -- no problems at all. I ran sfc /scannow and it found no integrity errors. I opened an elevated command prompt and typed in regsvr32 vbscript.dll and it stated this had been successful, but I still can't install WeatherBug.

Try also regsvr32 jscript.dll

Also it appears that Weatherbug uses some not-so-great methods.... Try looking here:
http://blogs.msdn.co...om-actions.aspx
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN