xp3 hangs & couldn't starts

man444

i m using Xp3 & Ubuntu 10.10 (multi O S.) IN MY PC

form 2-3 days ,,,, i cant use my xp3...

for xp3..

after i enter password ,,,,

welcome screen appears & remain there,, i couldn't log in or i couldn't use it :(

hard disk Led remains on or blinking but i couldn't ues it

finally i cut off the power to end this..

But when i chose Ubuntu 10.10 O.S :rolleyes: ...

i can use it very well..

please help me someone ... :hello:

i want to start that xp3 OS & i dont want to format it...

1 - In which order did you do the installs of the OS's?

2 - What is the Partition Layout and what OS is on which one?

3 - Were you able to boot into the XP anytime after both were installed?

This topic should maybe have been in the XP subforum. It might get noticed more easily.

Edited by submix8c

This topic should maybe have been in the XP subforum. It might get noticed more easily.

ans1 1st xp3 ,,,2nd ubuntu

ans 2 both os in c

ans 3 yes but can not use or log in it..

ans 2 both os in c

1 - OK so you set up Ubuntu to be the BootManager? (Boot either Ubuntu or XP)

2 - Really? How did you get BOTH on the C-Drive?

-(note: a Partition is not the same as a Hard Drive - a Hard Drive CONTAINS Partitions)

3 - Not a good answer - Did it ever fully boot into XP (you are indicating you NEVER were able to after installing Ubuntu)

ans 2 both os in c

1 - OK so you set up Ubuntu to be the BootManager? (Boot either Ubuntu or XP)

2 - Really? How did you get BOTH on the C-Drive?

-(note: a Partition is not the same as a Hard Drive - a Hard Drive CONTAINS Partitions)

3 - Not a good answer - Did it ever fully boot into XP (you are indicating you NEVER were able to after installing Ubuntu)

any one can use UBUNTU as normal programe that can be install /removed through --------control panel >>remove progame

Before windows start ,,it ask to select os.

any one can use UBUNTU as normal programe that can be install /removed through --------control panel >>remove progame Before windows start ,it ask to select os.
Really? (maybe I'm wrong... :unsure: )

And you never answered #1 - or maybe THAT is what you are seeing when you get "Select OS" - NOT NTLDR but the Ubuntu Loader, which has BOTH OS'. You do know the difference between the two, right? Ubuntu will install a different Boot Loader ("GRUB") that runs BEFORE "NTLDR" or the actual Ubuntu (and which "points" to the Ubuntu OR WinXP to "select one").

"Control Panel->Remove" - is that in XP (which was question #3 that you never fully answered) or Ubuntu?

3 - Did it ever FULLY boot into the XP AND RUN when you selected XP after you installed?

The only reference I've found is when you boot to the Ubuntu CD and select "Install Alongside" ("WUBI").

edit - and I found this thread. It really looks like your "pointers" and "loaders" (not to mention Boot Code) are messed up.

edit2 - and also found this.

1. Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS alongside (other operating systems)

- Choose this option ONLY if you have another OS (e.g. Windows XP) and you want a dual boot system. You can choose which operating system you want each time the computer starts up.

Editor's Note: Remember that, after the installation, the Windows boot loader will be overwritten by the Ubuntu boot loader!

Which means that what you suggest doesn't sound right at all. Edited by submix8c

any one can use UBUNTU as normal programe that can be install /removed through --------control panel >>remove progame Before windows start ,it ask to select os.
Really? (maybe I'm wrong... :unsure: )

And you never answered #1 - or maybe THAT is what you are seeing when you get "Select OS" - NOT NTLDR but the Ubuntu Loader, which has BOTH OS'. You do know the difference between the two, right? Ubuntu will install a different Boot Loader ("GRUB") that runs BEFORE "NTLDR" or the actual Ubuntu (and which "points" to the Ubuntu OR WinXP to "select one").

"Control Panel->Remove" - is that in XP (which was question #3 that you never fully answered) or Ubuntu?

3 - Did it ever FULLY boot into the XP AND RUN when you selected XP after you installed?

The only reference I've found is when you boot to the Ubuntu CD and select "Install Alongside" ("WUBI").

edit - and I found this thread. It really looks like your "pointers" and "loaders" (not to mention Boot Code) are messed up.

edit2 - and also found this.

1. Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS alongside (other operating systems)

- Choose this option ONLY if you have another OS (e.g. Windows XP) and you want a dual boot system. You can choose which operating system you want each time the computer starts up.

Editor's Note: Remember that, after the installation, the Windows boot loader will be overwritten by the Ubuntu boot loader!

Which means that what you suggest doesn't sound right at all.

yes u r correct ... :yes:

3# ans. Yes ,,,before this problem i could boot in xp fully...

&

i installed ubuntu after xp3 ......(for ur info.)

plz, :hello: ,tell me solution ,,,rather than discussing unwanted things..

u can tell me some steps ,,,to repair that xp3 file/folders ,,,

so that i can login in my exising xp3 on my pc

(sigh... must be a language/communication gap)

Let me clarify my question -

#3 - Did it ever FULLY boot into the XP AND RUN when you selected XP after you "installed the UBUNTU after XP3"?

You say "Yes u r correct" and that implies that you COULD and you actually SEEN in XP3 "Control Panel->Remove" the UBUNTU listed there along with other programs you installed in XP3. Is this Correct? You REALLY did see this AFTER you installed Ubuntu ON TOP OF XP3 in the SAME PARTITION?

HD0 - has ONE partition - C-drive

HD0 - has TWO partitions - C-drive and D-drive

See what I mean about PARTITIONS?

BTW, WinXP cannot RUN on anything but a FAT32 or NTFS parition. I DID ask (in #2) what your PARTITION layout was, NOT about how many hard drives. Answer this question. How many partitions (one C, two C+D -AND- what Format (FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, WHAT?).

I cannot help if you don't answer the questions completely. Not one-line "u r correct" because you did not give FULL information.

EDIT! "XP3 HANGS AFTER ENTERING PASSWORD"

I guess I should ask... Just "hangs" or does it return to the "Welcome" (logon) Screen? one question you say ONLY "xp3 hangs"... WHEN? Do you see an XP screen at all? Or just... HANGS with no XP screen?

---

I'm installing an "XP3" and getting ready to install Ubuntu (the one in the link I gave) now. Will report back on my personal findings...

"4.4gb available hard disk space"

- not enough - selections "replace XP" or "resize"

Edited by submix8c

plz, :hello: ,tell me solution ,,,rather than discussing unwanted things..

There can be a lot of possible causes to your problem. Unless you dicuss "unwanted things", the best answer we can give is

-buy a new hard drive and reinstall everything.

If we get more info more and can assess what you are able to do or not, we might come with a cheaper answer.

Can you check the health of your XP partition through your Ubuntu system ? Or can you log on with an other account (like "Administrator") by using Ctrl+Alt+Del twice instead of choosing the user from the Welcome screen? XP Pro ? XP Home?